Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Fujinon L series

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Joyce, Washington
    Posts
    1,437

    Fujinon L series

    Did Fujinon ever make a 240 or 250mm version of this? I know about the 210, 300, and 420- any other lenses in this line?

  2. #2
    8x10, 5x7, 4x5, et al Leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    5,438

    Re: Fujinon L series

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    I know about the 210, 300, and 420- any other lenses in this line?
    The list I have shows those three focal lengths.
    There were multiple versions of each, but no other focal lengths.

    - Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Joyce, Washington
    Posts
    1,437

    Re: Fujinon L series

    Thanks.

  4. #4

    Re: Fujinon L series

    I apologize because you surely know the L Series are Tessar design. Have you tried a 250mm Ektar in exc. condition?

  5. #5
    Drew Saunders drew.saunders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    672

    Re: Fujinon L series

    The Fujinar lenses are also Tessar designs, and Fuji made a 25cm f/4.5. It's f/4.5 in the Shamal shutter, and f/4.7 in a Copal 3 shutter, which is probably easier to find and definitely easier to repair. I have a Fujinar 25cm f/4.7 and it's one of my favorite lenses. They're single coated, but I don't recall having any flare problems, especially since I use a Lee hood. Wide open, it's a bit of a "gentle focus" lens (not a real soft focus lens, just a bit more forgiving than other designs), but at f/11 and down, I couldn't tell the difference between it and my 250 f/6.3 Fuji, so I sold the 250/6.3.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/drew_saunders/

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Joyce, Washington
    Posts
    1,437

    Re: Fujinon L series

    No, thanks for mentioning it- I had it in my head that there was only the gauss wide field 250. Didn't realize that there was a 6.3 tessar Commercial Ektar as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by consummate_fritterer View Post
    I apologize because you surely know the L Series are Tessar design. Have you tried a 250mm Ektar in exc. condition?

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Joyce, Washington
    Posts
    1,437

    Re: Fujinon L series

    Quote Originally Posted by drew.saunders View Post
    The Fujinar lenses are also Tessar designs, and Fuji made a 25cm f/4.5. It's f/4.5 in the Shamal shutter, and f/4.7 in a Copal 3 shutter, which is probably easier to find and definitely easier to repair. I have a Fujinar 25cm f/4.7 and it's one of my favorite lenses. They're single coated, but I don't recall having any flare problems, especially since I use a Lee hood. Wide open, it's a bit of a "gentle focus" lens (not a real soft focus lens, just a bit more forgiving than other designs), but at f/11 and down, I couldn't tell the difference between it and my 250 f/6.3 Fuji, so I sold the 250/6.3.
    Thanks Drew, I'll look around for one.

  8. #8
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,642

    Re: Fujinon L series

    Quote Originally Posted by drew.saunders View Post
    ...and Fuji made a 25cm f/4.5. It's f/4.5 in the Shamal shutter...
    Shanel.

    Also, IIRC the f/4.7 is in Copal 3S - not a huge deal, except when you thought you had a 3 and you're trying to fit it to a lensboard already drilled for that.

  9. #9

    Re: Fujinon L series

    Quote Originally Posted by Colin Graham View Post
    No, thanks for mentioning it- I had it in my head that there was only the gauss wide field 250. Didn't realize that there was a 6.3 tessar Commercial Ektar as well.
    It's actually a 10" (254mm).

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    Nara, Japan
    Posts
    1,142

    Re: Fujinon L series

    The Shanel shutters were made by Musashino-Koki, which later became Rittreck and then Wista. There are two kinds of Shanel shutters. The 5A was designed for mounting barrel lenses, and has a shutter mechanism only. The 5B and 5B-S have an aperture mechanism also, with the scale usually starting at f/4.5, though they could be customized on demand. Both shutters have speeds from 1s to 1/100s plus B, with M and X sync.They are as reliable as Copal shutters.

    Kumar

Similar Threads

  1. B&L Protar series VII combination with series V?
    By Maynaard in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-Mar-2014, 03:29
  2. Fujinon A series
    By Paul Schilliger in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 29-Nov-2000, 03:09
  3. fujinon - L series
    By james norman in forum Lenses & Lens Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-Jun-1999, 20:12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •