Thread: Zone VI modified spotemetrs

Zone VI modified spotemetrs

Years ago Zone VI studios modified Pentax spotmeters under the direction of Paul Horowitz, so that they 'saw' light the same as film. Although I knew Zone VI wa s bought by Calumet I only recently discovered that they have moved from Vermont to Illinois. I am trying to find out if they still modify spotmeters, although I'm not having much luck. I suspect they don't. Does anyone know? If they don't, has Paul Horowits set up somewhere else? If anyone knows his whereabouts please let me know.

Andrew

The last Calumet catalog I saw (which was probably within the last few months) s till listed the modified meters.

Calumet still sells the Zone VI modified Pentax spot meters. I bought a Zone VI digital spot last year.

In addition, Zone VI now has a web site, although very limited at this time. ww w.zonevi.com I have had the Pentax digital, with the modification, for 7 years now. It has pe rformed beautifully, and is exactly the same compared against an analog Pentax t hat a friend of mine sent in to be modified. We tested them against each other, in the same lighting, and thru filters, and they are, at worst, within a 1/3 of a stop of each other, 90% of the time they are exactly the same.

I bought a Zone VI modified Pentax digital spot from Calumet last year. Incredib ly accurate!!! Well worth the $500+ you'll pay. I would never part with mine.