Quote Originally Posted by B.S.Kumar View Post

Hi Kumar,

That's a fascinating proposal. I love the upcycling principle, bringing life back and extending the use for the late 19th century/earl 20th century plate cameras.

I hope it succeeds. Had you not flagged this up, I'd never have known that this venture for film sheath making was being piloted (I've already worked out my film sheath work flow for some time now).

My camera is called The Guilford. Made in London and Leeds.

...errr good luck!

I was planning to get some black pexpex and cut to size. I have used this before with success on other projects (pinhole cameras) With regards to the "Jam method" if you use it do you then pre soak the film to get rid of the jam prior to developing?
Hi again,

I wonder if you've considered the electrostatic issues with using perspex and non-glass or non-metal and the effect of dust and charged debris on your film emulsion.

Pre-soaking film for adsorption contact consistency between the dry film emulsion and a solution is standard practice surely? It is possible for you to use the jam in the developing solution. My guess is that it would create a sweet developer.

Kind regards,
RJ