The other day I got a cosmetically beat-up Tech V for next to nothing (nearly free). I enjoy restoring cameras, and I feel like this will be my main shooter.

One of my favourite lenses is a 65mm f/4.5 Grandagon (flange focal distance of 70mm) though I've read that the Technika V can only take 65mm lenses on the close focusing device. As the camera stands, it ain't pretty, so I wouldn't feel bad about doing some drastic modifications to the body if needed. Ideally, I'd like to couple my 65mm to the RF (I have experience camming Technika 70 lenses, and I imagine the experience is much the same with a Tech V). I shoot at night a lot, and am in the process of building a FocuSpot out of a laser pointer, so coupling would be very beneficial.

One other option I've explored is using this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Linhof-Tech...wAAOSwMmBV1uvG Does anyone have experience with these "new" aftermarket focusing rails? I shoot with angle-A LOT, so getting some use out of this isn't an issue, but are there easier ways to use a 65mm on this camera? This doesn't solve the issue of wanting rise with such a short focal length, for that I imagine I'd still have to cut a flap in the top of the camera?

Some thoughts and suggestions would be much appreciated!