Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help with my Nikkor steel 4x5 tank

Re: Need some help with my Nikkor steel 4x5 tank

I use painter's masking tape (One wrap all the way around) to secure the top & prevents leaks too. It's best to leave a small tail of tape folded over, at the end. Makes it easy to remove the tape with wet hands.
    Real cameras are measured in inches...
    Not pixels.

www.photocollective.org

The name of the Chinese tank manufacturer bw-king. He is a member of this forum and he is the only seller of his tank. You can contact him if interested. In my opinion the Chinese tank better made and much simpler un use than Nikkor. I have both tanks so I know. Rubber bend will work, no problem. Another impotant thing, when loading the Nikkor tank, face film emulsion cide inside the curve in order to kip emulsion away from the metal parts. Other wise film emulsion can be easily skrached when loading.

I also have the Nikor tank. I too found out the hard way that you need something to contain the films, so I use a large rubber band. It is good for one session at least, I was not about to tempt providence by saving it for another day.

m
    Michael Cienfuegos

Quote Originally Posted by Laurent L View Post
    ... ...my nikkor tank came uncomplete. The steel belt "stair shaped" (sorry don't know the word for it neither in French) was missing... ... Can a simple rubber band do the trick ? Do I have to shape one using some steel and giving it this "stair shape"
    Hello,
    this problem I also encountered, trapezoidal steel belt lost, very helpless.
    Nikkor is a great work, but in the case of fixed film, the trapezoidal steel belt is not a successful design.
    In the dark bag film installation, after each film is inserted into the slot, before the trapezoidal steel belt installation, where is your film?Can you guarantee that the film will not be scratched?
    Although rubber bands can replace trapezoidal steel belts, they will have the same problem.
    B&W KING solved the problem.When mounting the film, as long as the film continues to advance, more than the column, continue to advance, the film is stuck in the column.A film has been set up.
    Then, continue to install the next film.To the end.
    It's a very simple fix.The steel strip was abandoned.The film will not be damaged by the steel band, the film will not fall off.
    In the darkroom, the installation of film requires simple, reliable equipment and methods.This is what every photographer expects.
    I don't know English, computer translation, probably not accurate.Please forgive me.
    Good wishes
    Last edited by bw-man; 25-Apr-2018 at 21:44. Reason: Modify