Sinar Adapter panel to ....?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone knows what this is?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Strange panel.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	176875

It's worked its way into my hands around 15 years ago. Every now and then, I take it out to try to figure out what it might be used for, and then forget.

The aperture conversion board from the standard Sinar 4x4" lens panel doesn't match a Wista nor Arca Swiss nor Toyo lens panel. I assume it was designed for some kind of digital interface onto the Sinar analogue system?

Kind regards,
    RJ

Re: Sinar Adapter panel to ....?

Wild guess: adapter for Cambo Wide DS/RS lens panels/cones.

Home brew adapter for sure. Have come across 2 or 3 in my travels over the years and only ID'ed one for a Galvin 2x3 lens board.

Thanks - some colleagues guessed it was some kind of digital back for a Silvestri or Hasselblad. I use Silvestri both systems however and haven't found anything in a Phase One era back which seems to match it.

Cambo is a maker I don't know much of other than their student/entry camera.

Greg - it's too well made to be a home brew adapter. I've had it for over 15 years before 3d printing and CNC became widely available.

Kind regards,

RJ

Oren is correct - it's for mounting Cambo Wide helical-mounted lenses.

https://www.cambo.com/en/wide-rs-ser...al-lenspanels/

OK, I'm going to move this to the Lounge. In theory you could have lenses that cover LF in the DS/RS mount, but I think all of the ones currently offered and all of the ones I've seen are specified for small-coverage digital applications.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ- View Post
    Thanks - some colleagues guessed it was some kind of digital back for a Silvestri or Hasselblad. I use Silvestri both systems however and haven't found anything in a Phase One era back which seems to match it.

Cambo is a maker I don't know much of other than their student/entry camera.

Greg - it's too well made to be a home brew adapter. I've had it for over 15 years before 3d printing and CNC became widely available.

Kind regards,

RJ
    Why not just ask Vincenzo? If he made it he will know what it is for!

The original Cambo Wide and the DS followup were 4x5. The usual assortment of wide 4x5 lenses were available in the mount.

Bob - sorry I've no idea who Vincenzo is, although it seems like Oren and Alan have pinned it down.

Oren and Alan have identified it as a non-analogue contaminant. Must get rid of it now.

RJ.

Quote Originally Posted by alan_b View Post
    The original Cambo Wide and the DS followup were 4x5. The usual assortment of wide 4x5 lenses were available in the mount.
    I have an original Wide and know its range of lenses pretty well, but wasn't as familiar with the DS. So back we go, with apologies for the whiplash. Thank you for the clarification!