Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone Viewfinder app

Re: iPhone Viewfinder app

Just bought this yesterday. Unfortunately it seems there's some sort of glitch in that I cannot add focal lengths. No matter how many times I've tried, hitting the "+" to add once I've entered the focal length just takes me back to the list without entering the new data into the database.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly_1971 View Post
    Just bought this yesterday. Unfortunately it seems there's some sort of glitch in that I cannot add focal lengths. No matter how many times I've tried, hitting the "+" to add once I've entered the focal length just takes me back to the list without entering the new data into the database.
    Yes I see that. Don't know when this stopped working. I'll get a fix out asap. Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly_1971 View Post
    Version 1.1.3 was released today with a fix for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fowler View Post
    Version 1.1.3 was released today with a fix for this.
    Awesome! Thanks for being so quick. :-)

Version 1.2 of Viewfinder Preview was released today. It includes the new Journal view. This is an alternative to the film strip style Photo Gallery that is already available. The idea behind the Journal is to streamline the viewing of the data attached to photos and the editing of notes.

Along with the Journal comes the ability to create Albums. Use Albums to store all the images from one project, trip, storyboard etc. Setup an active album to which all photos you capture are automatically added. The Journal was meant to give you a form of iPhone based photography notebook. With the album feature you can have a separate notebook for each of your projects.

Looks good; I will use it.

But gee whiz, I shoot in 24x36, 645 digital, 67 film, and 4x5, with about ten lenses for each. I quickly ran out of focal lengths that the app would list. It seems to be capped at about 20.

Also, I see a control for linking settings to format, but I don't see any effect of that. Having a list of focal lengths for each format would be nice for those of us who work in many formats.

My iphone is almost wide enough for 90mm on 4x5--now pondering an iphone holder for my Travelwide.

Rick "lensaholic" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post

But gee whiz, I shoot in 24x36, 645 digital, 67 film, and 4x5, with about ten lenses for each. I quickly ran out of focal lengths that the app would list. It seems to be capped at about 20.

Also, I see a control for linking settings to format, but I don't see any effect of that. Having a list of focal lengths for each format would be nice for those of us who work in many formats.

My iphone is almost wide enough for 90mm on 4x5--now pondering an iphone holder for my Travelwide.

Rick "lensaholic" Denney
    My god that's a lot of lenses. One feature I'm looking into is focal length lists per film format. In the meantime I can up the menu limit.

The link settings to format option will store the last iso, focal length, film emulation and aspect ratio used with a format. The next time you select that format these values are restored. I kept finding when out with multiple cameras I was forgetting to change the iso when changing between cameras (that had different film loaded) and then getting wrong light meter readings. With this option enabled, the iso is setup correctly whenever I change film format in the app.

Sounds great. And it is a lot of lenses. I can’t help it. But I never know which ones I’ll take on a given excursion.

Current dilemma: how to divide my lenses on Sinar boards between the F case and the P case. Oh, the horror!

Rick “may need more lenses” Denney

Version 1.2.1 is out with a much larger focal length menu. This version has also added iPad support.

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post

Rick "lensaholic" Denney
    Version 1.3 which is available now, includes the separate focal length menus for each film format. This should allow you to reduce the size of your focal menu per format.