Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone Viewfinder app

Lachlan 717

Re: iPhone Viewfinder app

Got this for 7x17. Not much help, as the iPhone’s lens isn’t wide enough to give an image for any lens under 355mm.

This is a screen shot for 305mm:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9AF945D6-83F4-49FB-95BA-BE4CF3BDC946.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	24.7 KB 
ID:	176980

Here’s 240mm:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67B51724-6D60-464E-9D99-CA5F14204DF2.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	176981

As you can see, kinda pointless with all the black.

Obviously, this criticism is not directed at the app; it’s a heads-up based on the iphone’s Lens’ limitations.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

If one already has Artist's Viewfinder MkII, what additional features does this app offer?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fowler View Post
    Regarding the 400mm focal length limit that is being upped to 1500mm. I have just submitted a new version of the app to Apple with this change
    This update is now live

Quote Originally Posted by williaty View Post
    If one already has Artist's Viewfinder MkII, what additional features does this app offer?
    Main additional feature is the lightmeter and histogram view. Oh it doesn't cost an arm and leg either, but sounds like you've lost those already.
    It is in active development, so new features will be coming through in the next few months.

Version 1.1 of Viewfinder Preview has just been released. New features include

- Film emulation filters: You can select a film stock in the Settings and it will apply a filter to the preview view to replicate the colour and tone characteristics of that particular film stock.
    - Wide Angle Lens Adapter support: It is possible to buy wide angle lens adapters for the iPhone. With one of these you can preview much shorter focal lengths. The only problem is the phone doesn't know when one of these is attached or how wide they are. You can now add this information in the Settings.
    - Aspect ratio overriding: There is an additional button on the main screen for you to set the aspect ratio of the preview.
    - Exposure offset: You can add an offset to the lightmeter exposure calculation. If you are using a ND filter use this offset to get the correct exposure inside Viewfinder Preview.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/view...216484605?mt=8
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails iPhone-8-Version1.1.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Lachlan 717 View Post
    Got this for 7x17. Not much help, as the iPhone’s lens isn’t wide enough to give an image for any lens under 355mm...
    It is possible to buy wide angle lens adapters for the iPhone. With one of these you can preview much shorter focal lengths. The only problem is the phone doesn’t know when one of these is attached or how wide they are. The new version add support for supplying this information.

I feel like such a techno-idiot. How do I download your app? Went to the App Store and it shows a banner saying IOS only, then a description of the app, but no download button. What am I missing here? I am an iPhone as well as a Mac user, so this should move along more easily, I would think.
    If this post is inappropriate, I can take the concern directly to Apple, but I'm hoping for a simpler solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    I feel like such a techno-idiot. How do I download your app? Went to the App Store and it shows a banner saying IOS only, then a description of the app, but no download button. What am I missing here? I am an iPhone as well as a Mac user, so this should move along more easily, I would think.
    If this post is inappropriate, I can take the concern directly to Apple, but I'm hoping for a simpler solution.
    Will, do you have a debit card attached to the App Store?

I keep a low balance Debit card for this purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Whitaker View Post
    I feel like such a techno-idiot. How do I download your app?
    Are you doing this on your iPhone or on a computer? If you go to the link on your iPhone it should work fine as long as you’ve got funds. Alternatively you can open the App Store on your phone and search for Viewfinder Preview. I hope that helps.

I was trying this on my computer. I prefer to download to the computer then sync the iPhone.