Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: iPhone Viewfinder app

schatten & licht nomennominatur's Avatar

Re: iPhone Viewfinder app

Unfortunately, changing film format and/or focal length seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair. Most often, changing the value does not result in any change in the preview image, which is a bit disconcerting.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Fowler View Post
    The standard mode for the light meter is average but if you touch the screen it will be a spot meter for the point you touched. It works in a similar way the iPhone camera app works.

Regarding the 400mm focal length limit that is being upped to 1500mm. I have just submitted a new version of the app to Apple with this change
    Thanks, nice app! Thus far I used Cadrage, but that app is only for composition and doesn’t tell me how the tonal scale would come out. I wonder if I can trust the light meter for long exposure times, for instance 160 secs, for being corrected for reciprocity failure for instance for Delta 100? And if so, if you used the Ilford figures?

Quote Originally Posted by nomennominatur View Post
    Unfortunately, changing film format and/or focal length seems to be a bit of a hit and miss affair. Most often, changing the value does not result in any change in the preview image, which is a bit disconcerting.
    I have had the same experience. I have to stop and restart the app for the focal length to change. Too bad - I nice idea.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

schatten & licht nomennominatur's Avatar

The app‘s behaviour
    - is inconsistent on my iPhone (as detailed in previous posts) with regard to changing FL of film format,
    - yet it seems to work flawlessly on my iPad...

Thus, it seems a matter of debugging and no principal flaw. Please DO keep up the work on this little gem, as the iPad is a bit unwieldy to be used as a viewfinder in the field

Quote Originally Posted by otto.f View Post
    Thanks, nice app! Thus far I used Cadrage, but that app is only for composition and doesn’t tell me how the tonal scale would come out. I wonder if I can trust the light meter for long exposure times, for instance 160 secs, for being corrected for reciprocity failure for instance for Delta 100? And if so, if you used the Ilford figures?
    Sorry , the app does not correct for reciprocity failure.

I'll private message you to get details and see what I can do.

The unresponsive UI issues have now been resolved. Version 1.4 which was released today contains the fix. Thank you to nomennominatur for helping me to find the issue. It was a performance issue related to the older plus size iPhones.

Do or do not. There is no try.

The new version also has a feature I've long wished for - it now shows frames for multiple focal lengths, not just the selected one. Thanks for the nice improvement!

Are we Version1.3.4 Build 929? Using iPhone SE iOS 12.1.2?

I didn't see an update in App Store.

I still have extreme difficulty with this App.
    Tin Can

Any chance you will compile this for Android?
    --- Steve from Missouri ---