Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: 11x14 Deardorff Studio Camera

Re: 11x14 Deardorff Studio Camera

Just mounted an E KRAUSS PARIS TESSAR F6.3 50CM on my SC11, using a new Zimba 8" board. Installed the very heavy flange behind the 1/2" thick lens board to move CG to better advantage. 7 lb 6 0z!

and not the heaviest lens I have tried on it

https://www.largeformatphotography.i...=1#post1049385

Thanks Jim Graves!

IMG-2702 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

IMG-2700 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr

IMG-2701 by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

That looks like a very interesting lens!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Nice! I have been looking for a long Tessar like that. I was hoping for a f4.5 version, but haven't seen one in years that I can afford.

Holy Moley, that's beautiful! Good idea with putting the flange back. I got a 8x8 board from Zbigniew today. I showed my wife. She was impressed. My camera is coming along, I have a section of bellows that are old but they were never used. One section has a half dozen pin holes, I will use a couple drops of shoe goo for now. I was in contact with Turner over the years about a couple things, too late for this project.

I'm trying to pace myself. With the virus, I will just need to stay home and clean and polish

Nice 50 cm lens!

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    Holy Moley, that's beautiful! Good idea with putting the flange back. I got a 8x8 board from Zbigniew today. I showed my wife. She was impressed. My camera is coming along, I have a section of bellows that are old but they were never used. One section has a half dozen pin holes, I will use a couple drops of shoe goo for now. I was in contact with Turner over the years about a couple things, too late for this project.

I'm trying to pace myself. With the virus, I will just need to stay home and clean and polish

Nice 50 cm lens!
    I recently had Custom Bellows make 2 new sections of bellows for a friends S11, they cost 200 pounds per section, not including shipping. The quality is superb, as always.
    Tracy Storer
    Mammoth Camera Company tm
    www.mammothcamera.com

Good to know, that is a good price

I need a Postcard Camera bellows Premo #9, my 'last' camera...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Tracy Storer View Post
    I recently had Custom Bellows make 2 new sections of bellows for a friends S11, they cost 200 pounds per section, not including shipping. The quality is superb, as always.
    Tin Can

Thanks Tracy! I need bellows made, and this is super helpful.

I got a nice lens board from Zbigniew earlier in the week, finally took the time to mount this nice 'ol lens. Fun way to spend my time. My machinist is hoping to get to my part so I can get the stand back together.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20200320_150747_resized.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	84.2 KB 
ID:	201850

I wonder if the virus will shut down everything for a time?? I can get by fine for a while. Things have changed so fast!

I've been building an adapter to fit my Folmer and Schwing 11x14 back to the Deardorff.

Name:	20200507_131011_resized.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	203579

Name:	20200509_160228_resized.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	203580
    Image is a 2X? image of a crystal of Calcium Fluoride. I tested my table saw skills on this one. You can see the profile I had to cut. I used Maple. Still need to stain and paint insides black. I have to wait until I can get to a decent hardware store. Weekends are no travel time for me.