Thread: Arca Swiss F - Loose Function Carrier

Arca Swiss F - Loose Function Carrier

I am the new owner of a very used Arca F-Classic. Upon inspection I've noticed that the spring clip on the rear function carrier - which holds the format frame and adjusts shift - is some kind of loose, causing the entire frame to wiggle by a few millimetres along the tilt axis. The plate upon which the springs push to keep tension rises slightly above where the springs end (not the case on the front), but I am not knowledgeable enough to identify the actual problem. Is this a matter of tightening something, changing springs, or a bigger service issue?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180401_211746590.jpg  

Re: Arca Swiss F - Loose Function Carrier

These devices are rather complicated. I would send the carrier to Precision Camera Works, an authorized Arca repair center.

I would suggest contacting Rod Klukas - Arca-Swiss International - at rod.klukas [at] arca-swiss [dot] com.

Andrej Gregov

For Arca repairs, Rod forwarded me to Precision and they were great. I'd start with them. If you want to buy a replacement function carrier, then I'd call Rod.

Rod will tell you to contact Bob at Precision, he should be able to fix this easily

If not I have a couple extra rear carriers I could let go of

Quote Originally Posted by asf View Post
    Rod will tell you to contact Bob at Precision, he should be able to fix this easily
    This is exactly what happened; for what it's worth I decided to return it to the retailer since it had been advertised as fully functional.