Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Strange negatives

Strange negatives

So, i took 6 frames last week, slides, color neg and 2 bw. For the bw and color neg, a friend and f mine held a filter in front during exposure. The color neg and slide came out just fi e however, the black and white came out 2/3 unexposed. The line between exposed and unexposed is fuzzy so the dark slides were not left part way in couldn't have been my friends hand as other two frakes he held filter for are fine and the slides are fine. Same lens same image. All I can think of is the lab screwed up.

Thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AB697CB9-AA63-4CEF-9ED7-8A34A5726ABE.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	176423

Re: Strange negatives

That's not underexposure, but very massive overexposure. Looks like a problem with a massive lightleak in the camera (or the holder not seated in the back properly), or a serious problem with loading or unloading the film.

Probably during removing or inserting the dark slide, since half of the frame was protected ?
    A puny body weakens the soul.
    Paul Cezanne

The rebate seems to be exposed just as much as the image area. I don't think the fogging occurred inside the camera, not even while the film was loaded in the holders. I think it happen sometime before it was loaded in the holders, or after it was removed. If it happened while the film was loaded in the holders there should be at least some difference in exposure somewhere on the rebate.

Not camera 4 frames were taken before that all fine. I am not sure how it could have happened. They are toyo holders no problems before, dark slide went in and out no problem holxers were inserted property and everything done in a film bag. So I am baffled how this happened unless it happened in shipping. That or I don't remember doing something I shouldn't have prior to taking picture which is possible. Never had a problem with holders before. Camera is new chamonix 45H-1.

Quote Originally Posted by consummate_fritterer View Post
    The rebate is exposed just as much as the image area. This fogging didn't occur inside the camera, not even while the film was loaded in the holders. It happen sometime before it was loaded in the holders, or after it was removed.
    I am pretty sure it wasn't on my end. I did everything in a film bag. Same bag I used for other film from trip to ooad and unload. I am guessing they screwed up at proceszo. I nust don't remember xoing any before or after.

Wil find out if I did as I took two more frames ydzterday so will see ic its me that ruined film.

If you look in the upper right corner you will see where the edge of the film was overlaid by another when lightstruck. My opinion is that happened not in the camera either prior to or after exposure. Somebody screwed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Beasley View Post
    If you look in the upper right corner you will see where the edge of the film was overlaid by another when lightstruck. My opinion is that happened not in the camera either prior to or after exposure. Somebody screwed up.
    That's a reasonable assumption.

Take another sheet of that b&w film that you have not exposed and develop it. If it comes out with the same issue you will know that box of film has been compromised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Zak Baker
    zakbaker.photo

"Sometimes I do get to places just when God's ready to have somebody click the shutter."
    Ansel Adams

I am getting two more sheets developed this week. That explains why they put yellow stickies on each mailer with black film bag staing two sheets of film per bag. They never did that before. Especially since my labels for each mailer clearly showed two sheets per mailer. They screwed up and didn't bother to own up to it. Will find out for sure this week. Also prior sheets of this lot were fine.