Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael A. Smith is recovering from a stroke

Michael A. Smith is recovering from a stroke

Those who know the work of Michael A. Smith and his wife Paula Chamlee will be glad to know Michael is recovering from a stroke.

http://www.michaelandpaula.com

Serious, but he is getting around and both he and Paula think he will be able to attend the AIPAD show in New York in April. They have their space and should be there with books so you can stop by, visit and buy some from them personally

https://www.aipadshow.com/

The information is from my Uncle who talked with Paula. This is written after she gave her permission to go public with it.

Paula is currently running LODIMA PRESS and their 501(c)3 operation as well as their photo business while Michael is recovering. A lot of work but if anyone is up to it, she is. The photo workshop planned for May and other projects are still going forward.

Well wishes, prayers, purchasing books or Lodima photo paper or prints can only help them keep going while Michael recovers from the serious and life threatening stroke.

They are good people, excellent artists and we hope Michael and Paula both get through this in good spirits and their work keeps moving forward.
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Re: Michael A. Smith is recovering from a stroke

Good fortune to Michael and Paula.

Thanks for posting.

Wishing Michael and Paula all the best with his recovery.

multiplex

so sorry to hear of his illness.
    i hope he has a very quick recovery !

Best wishes for good health to both Michael and Paula!
    It's a scary thing. I've been through it twice now myself, fortunate to be fully recovered from each.

Quote Originally Posted by Willie View Post
    Those who know the work of Michael A. Smith and his wife Paula Chamlee will be glad to know Michael is recovering from a stroke.

http://www.michaelandpaula.com

They are good people, excellent artists and we hope Michael and Paula both get through this in good spirits and their work keeps moving forward.
    Thanks for posting, this is the first I heard. I have enjoyed their friendship for many years. I'm keeping good thoughts for them.

Thanks for the information. Hoping and praying for a quick and efficient recovery for Michael.

The important take away is that irrespective of how one feels or what it costs, annual check ups with a doctor are a very necessary part of an optimal maturation process to diagnose and also to evaluate ones health risk factors and try to get ahead of any issues. Furthermore it can happen to anyone as Michael appeared to have boundless energy and active as any person I have spent time with.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Michael, so sorry to hear this. Please get well. All the best to you and Paula.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Thanks for the information. Hoping and praying for a quick and efficient recovery for Michael.

The important take away is that irrespective of how one feels or what it costs, annual check ups with a doctor are a very necessary part of an optimal maturation process to diagnose and also to evaluate ones health risk factors and try to get ahead of any issues. Furthermore it can happen to anyone as Michael appeared to have boundless energy and active as any person I have spent time with.
    Indeed. Thanks for that thought.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post

^^this^^
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White