Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Ground Glass focusing screens including custom sizes from Young Camera Company

Barry Young

Re: Ground Glass focusing screens including custom sizes from Young Camera Company

Quote Originally Posted by DrGregC View Post
    What is the status of the Young Camera Company? I need a piece of ground glass for a Pony Premo #4 (late 1800's). I bought it on eBay and it arrived with broken glass. It measures 3 15/16" x 4 15/16". It is thin, measuring 1/16". There are no lines or markings on it. Square corners. Just a plain piece of ground glass. I hope someone can help. It is a gift for my photographer daughter. Thanks!
    Hello everyone, sorry for my absence. I have been busy moving and building my machine shop, woodworking shop, photo lab, quilting room, pantry, and entire household and everything else to Missouri. Then I had major heart surgery. Go figure! I have decided to convert Young Camera Company to a hobby business. I can still do some jobs if the stuff you need is not available anywhere else on the planet. The groundglass requested in this message is a good example, it is available on ebay from ebay user reedkra for a fraction of what I would charge. I will be available for unique one of a kind custom machined items, but the price is going up. I will no longer be offering ground glass focusing screens because the price realized is very low compared to the time it takes. I have tried to interest three people I know in taking over the groundglass project but after looking at the investment in the glass cutting machine compared to the sales price after paying eBay and PayPal's exorbitant fees (They take over 40%), every one has declined. After the near miss with my heart, I have decided that the rest of my life will be dedicated mostly to family and having fun and especially to making fine photographs. Thank you to everyone here on LFF, I have met some fine people.

Barry Young
    Young Camera Company

Re: Ground Glass focusing screens including custom sizes from Young Camera Company

Quote Originally Posted by barryjyoung View Post
    ...I will be available for unique one of a kind custom machined items, but the price is going up...
    Sorry to hear about your health issues. Any update on this

?

Welcome to Missouri, Barry. Come on down to my place and we'll go shooting. I know a few good places.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Barry Young

I have retired and no longer provide custom ground glass.

Thank you everyone.

Barry Young

Hi Michael:

Deal! Where is your place? I would love to go shooting either guns or photos.

Thank you

Barry Young
    Patterson MO.
    425-512-1714
    barryjyoung@yahoo.com