Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can a Sirui T-024X or T-025X support an Intreprid 4x5?

Re: Can a Sirui T-024X or T-025X support an Intreprid 4x5?

Laser pointer is clever! I'll have to try it. I did end up ordering the T-025x to see. My version doesn't seem to have the short center column (it's a collapse-able two piece column). I am able to mount the ball head right to the base though. Between the two configs, the center column does seem to allow for potential vibration (doubly so when fully extended) but it does seem rather stable mounting the ball directly. That makes the tripod short but I think would be a good compromise given it's about 1.7lb in that configuration (compared to 3+ lb of my other travel tripod). It was just wet enough to not be able to try composing an actual shot outside so I don't yet have any real world experience with how well it handles using film holders, etc. - though the Intrepid itself seems rather solid on it.

Re: Can a Sirui T-024X or T-025X support an Intreprid 4x5?

Quote Originally Posted by m00dawg View Post
    Laser pointer is clever! I'll have to try it. I did end up ordering the T-025x to see. My version doesn't seem to have the short center column (it's a collapse-able two piece column). I am able to mount the ball head right to the base though. Between the two configs, the center column does seem to allow for potential vibration (doubly so when fully extended) but it does seem rather stable mounting the ball directly. That makes the tripod short but I think would be a good compromise given it's about 1.7lb in that configuration (compared to 3+ lb of my other travel tripod). It was just wet enough to not be able to try composing an actual shot outside so I don't yet have any real world experience with how well it handles using film holders, etc. - though the Intrepid itself seems rather solid on it.
    Yep. That's exactly like mine. It's short, but I'm only 5'5", so I make due and it is absolutely perfect for longer backpacking trips. Rocks in a bag on the hook when necessary. Enjoy!