Thread: Kodak 2D and Eastman commercial parts interchangeable?

Kodak 2D and Eastman commercial parts interchangeable?

Hello

I have an option on some 2D parts and i am hoping to scavenge the lens holders, GG and bellows for use on an Eastman commercial. Anyone know if it would fly?

Thanks

Re: Kodak 2D and Eastman commercial parts interchangeable?

One thing we could really appreciate is a chart of "what fits what". Sorry I cannot answer your question.

As I suspect you know, the Eastman Commercial is supposed to be a magnesium version of the 2-D. I have used both cameras, but not at the same time, and it was 30 years ago. They are similar, at least.
    IIRC the lens boards on each are 6" square. The groundglass should be the same size but who knows? Same with the bellows. Of course 60+ year old bellows on any camera may or may not be good. There are many ways to patch leaky bellows, I've done a few.
    I'd say give it a try. If nothing fits, you could sell the parts on this forum (after you've been a member for 30 days). Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sampson View Post
    As I suspect you know, the Eastman Commercial is supposed to be a magnesium version of the 2-D. I have used both cameras, but not at the same time, and it was 30 years ago. They are similar, at least.
    IIRC the lens boards on each are 6" square. The groundglass should be the same size but who knows? Same with the bellows. Of course 60+ year old bellows on any camera may or may not be good. There are many ways to patch leaky bellows, I've done a few.
    I'd say give it a try. If nothing fits, you could sell the parts on this forum (after you've been a member for 30 days). Best of luck!
    Thanks Mark.
    I received some advice (via PM) telling me that the main difference as far as the bellows are concerned is a narrower front standard on the Commercial view.
    Thanks again.