Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Backpack for 8x10

Drew Wiley

Re: Backpack for 8x10

My Summer-Fall high country bag was made by Feathered Friends in Seattle, and has a Goretex outer - great for resisting frost buildup on cold nights. But Fresno? How did they test their bags there without dying of heat exhaustion inside them in the first sixteen seconds? Guess somebody had to make a quick drive up to Kaiser Pass. Sounds like way back when I briefly worked for the Pack Station at Badger Flat. That was sure memorable; but all I could afford was a nearly worthless ten buck Sears sleeping bag. Some of the cowboys customarily just rolled up in their smelly horse blanket next to a fire.

Re: Backpack for 8x10

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    My Summer-Fall high country bag was made by Feathered Friends in Seattle, and has a Goretex outer - great for resisting frost buildup on cold nights. But Fresno? How did they test their bags there without dying of heat exhaustion inside them in the first sixteen seconds? Guess somebody had to make a quick drive up to Kaiser Pass. Sounds like way back when I briefly worked for the Pack Station at Badger Flat. That was sure memorable; but all I could afford was a nearly worthless ten buck Sears sleeping bag. Some of the cowboys customarily just rolled up in their smelly horse blanket next to a fire.
    A mule pack pad makes an excellent mattress. Keeps the sinus open as well.
    The pack a mantys we used were the same heavy canvas as the canvas used in old time cowboy bedrolls.
    A curious coincidence!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White