Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Graphic Graflex Photography

Graphic Graflex Photography

I am looking for an 11th edition of this book, The Graphic Graflex Photography, but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know what year this 11th edition was published in? Does anyone have the ISBN for this 11th edition? I found a book but I'm not sure if this is it and the person selling it has no clue either. Help please!

Thanks.
    --Mario

Re: Graphic Graflex Photography

I have a copy of the 10th edition, published in 1954.

Ask the seller what's on the page after the title page.

ISBNs hadn't been invented when the book was published. It has a Library of Congress Catalog Card Number. I haven't used worldcat.org to look for copies in libraries, use it to find more information.

The 11th edition was published in September, 1958. It includes information on the Super Graphic and the top rangefinder Pacemaker series.

They are all a little different, with different authors for articles, and variation of lines of equipment for that period...

So all good...

Steve K

Quote Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
    They are all a little different......

Steve K
    I've been told the 11th is the best?
    --Mario

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    I've been told the 11th is the best?
    That depends on whether the later Graflex/Graphic gear is more important to you or if your looking for information on older Graflexs/Graphics. Because with each edition new equipment is added at the sacrifice of more detailed information on the older gear. All the editions I've seen or own are for the most part teaching "how to" chapters written by different authors and they can change w/ the editions and the later part of the book is Graflex/Graphic gear focused.

I would love to own all editions if for nothing else but to see whats been added and what has been lessened or removed completely.

The 11th edition is for you if your most interested in Super Graphic SSpeed Graphic, top mounted rangefinder Speeds & Crowns, Super D's and accessories, metal tripods, 1st generation electrical flash not to mention all the small format Graflex non pro gear that gets some space in the later editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    That depends on whether the later Graflex/Graphic gear is more important to you or if your looking for information on older Graflexs/Graphics. Because with each edition new equipment is added at the sacrifice of more detailed information on the older gear. All the editions I've seen or own are for the most part teaching "how to" chapters written by different authors and they can change w/ the editions and the later part of the book is Graflex/Graphic gear focused.

I would love to own all editions if for nothing else but to see whats been added and what has been lessened or removed completely.

The 11th edition is for you if your most interested in Super Graphic SSpeed Graphic, top mounted rangefinder Speeds & Crowns, Super D's and accessories, metal tripods, 1st generation electrical flash not to mention all the small format Graflex non pro gear that gets some space in the later editions.
    I have a top rangefinder Crown Graphic, and I believe it is from 1968.
    Last edited by macandal; 16-Feb-2018 at 14:03. Reason: clarity
    --Mario

Quote Originally Posted by macandal View Post
    I am looking for an 11th edition of this book, The Graphic Graflex Photography, but I can't seem to find one. Does anyone know what year this 11th edition was published in? Does anyone have the ISBN for this 11th edition? I found a book but I'm not sure if this is it and the person selling it has no clue either. Help please!

Thanks.
    Have you tried Abe Books?
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

The 11th edition is a little smaller, page-wise. I have the 4th and 11th edition and have read the 10th edition. I would suggest the 10th edition, just make sure it has the Pacemaker additional booklet that fits in a pocket on the back cover. As mentioned above, they're all different with different articles.
    Reid

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rjbuzzclick/

Quote Originally Posted by rjbuzzclick View Post
    I would suggest the 10th edition, just make sure it has the Pacemaker additional booklet that fits in a pocket on the back cover.
    So, even though my Crown Graphic appears to be from 1968, you would still recommend I get the 10th? Thanks.
    --Mario