Lately have been seriously considering investing in an Epson Expression 12000XL Photo Scanner. Present scanner is an Epson Perfection V750 Pro which I love but when I use it for scanning 11x14" negatives, I have to make overlapping scans and let Photoshop merge them together. Was making 4 scans of my 11x14" negatives and getting good results. Then I tried to making 9 overlapping scans by using much less of a scanning area in the middle of the scanner, and my final merged image seemed to look better. Best guess is that because the glass is recessed into the scanner, when I made 4 scans of the negative, the film was being bent with the top pressed all the way down... but not 100% sure of that. This weekend have to try again and compare 4 merged images verses 9 merged images. A while back had temporary access to a large Epson scanner and was completely spoiled by scanning my 11x14" negatives in a single pass.

So was wondering... anyone in this forum use an Epson Expression 12000XL Photo Scanner? Experiences, opinions, and views? Cost of the 12000XL is definitely not for the weak of heart, but then my 11x14 Chamonix and the 11x14 holders cost me a lot more than a new 12000XL (and I'm not even adding in the cost of my lenses).

Thanks