Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Wista DX price

Re: New Wista DX price

Quote Originally Posted by consummate_fritterer View Post
    I'm just comparing average incomes from 30 years ago and cost of living vs. today. It seems that the cost of living roughly doubles every 16-17 years but incomes for the average person have not kept up.
    Welcome to the freaking reality. It would be interesting to find a real culprit for this downlall.

Regardless, I think that beside this, at large we can deduce from he current state of the film photography market - market can bear exactly he amount the buyers are wanting to pay - the sellers are wanting to give up.

My Wista DXIII was $1299 new from MPEX in 2008! That's only ten years ago...

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    My Wista DXIII was $1299 new from MPEX in 2008! That's only ten years ago...

Marc!
    Assuming an annual cost-of-living increase of 4.5 percent (doubles every sixteen years), the compounded increase beginning with $1299 ten years ago would make today's cost approximately $2013, an increase of 1.55x. Combine this with greatly decreased sales...

When I was buying my $300 metal Wista there was another add for a rosewood Wista version selling for $600.

Shouda, coulda.

Wow! I have a Wista (DX something) that I got used for $400 back in 2004. Guess I'll definitely hold onto that. In fact it's been a while since I've been out with it. I'm due. My newly acquired Rolleiflex has been stealing the thunder.