Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PDF for Aristo VCL4500

PDF for Aristo VCL4500

Hi all,
    I am in need of the manual for the Aristo VCL4500.

If anyone has a printable PDF they are willing to share or has a link to where I can download one I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

Gary
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

Re: PDF for Aristo VCL4500

I had been searching online for weeks trying to find a manual before I posted here.
    Of course not long after posting I found the manual.

Here is the link for anyone that is interested.

https://www.light-sources.com/wp-con...nformation.pdf

Thanks

Gary
    "People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." - H. Jackson Brown

i like this unit. i may consider getting one now tyat ive seen the manual.

Robert Bowring

I have used mine for over 20 years and really like it. They are not that easy to find but one will pop-up on e-bay once in a while. Good luck.

I've also had mine of a bit of 20 years. I made an adapter so that I could use it on my Fujimoto (Lucky) enlarger. Excellent system.

For those that have been using their units for some time, would you share some tips and tricks?
    Any Gotcha's or things to look out for?

Thanks

Gary

Robert Bowring

It is pretty straight forward and easy to use. Just dial in the contrast you want and expose. The only thing that is a little tricky is that the contrast numbers do not correspond directly with the contrast of the vc papers. I found that the "normal" contrast for my film and paper is #3 to #3.5 setting. So you will need to do some calibrating for your own film and paper. You can also use it for "split filter printing" by turning off the vc setting and just use the green and blue light separately. I have personally never found any advantage to using it in the "split filter" mode but some people do.

New Orleans, LA

I use mine as a split filter unit. Using a full sheet of VC paper I make a test strip of green from right to left and, on the same sheet, make a test strip of blue from bottom to top. Somewhere in those squares is a combination of exposure from each light that has the contrast I am looking for (i.e. 4 seconds of green and 8 seconds of blue). I'll start with that overall exposure and evaluate from there. If I need to punch up the blacks a bit I'll hit it with a small percentage (10 - 20% of total time) of hard blue light. Burning in with the green light set to 0.0 gives some nice tonalities to highlight areas that would otherwise be blown out or not have sufficient details. Very versatile unit.

Thanks for all the replies.

Another question about the Aristo VCL4500 unit.

With the power supply in the on position, I am experiencing the following behavior.

The normal / split printing switch in the off position, I press the focus button on my timer and the enlarger lights up and switching the color selector between Blue Max, Blue/Off, and Green/Blue show light at each position.

Turning the normal / split printing to the on position the enlarger light lights up without pressing the focus or exposure button.

Is this normal behavior or is my unit defective?

Thanks in advance.

Gary
    Last edited by gary892; 6-Jan-2018 at 17:40.

Does anyone know if Aristo still supports their former lineup of products made for Photo applications?