Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Info on Lektra TM8 timer

Need Info on Lektra TM8 timer

I have a Zone VI cold light head on a Omega D4 enlarger. I have the new Aristo tube. I am using a Lektra 1500 watt timer which works well. I don't have a manual for it, and I don't have a foot switch. I use a separate electronic metronome. I'd like to have a foot switch for dodging and burning, but I want to get the right switch. I don't want to ruin the timer. There are 2 2-prong receptacles on the top--one marked "remote", and one marked "Dodge". Voltage across the "remote" is 63 v ac. The "dodge" receptacle is about 200 mv. When the push button starter is pressed, a clearly mechanical relay is heard.
    Advice on wiring this, or a manual, would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hartley

Re: Need Info on Lektra TM8 timer

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    I didn’ know they were still around.

I added the two foot swithes to mine and a metronome with a toggle switch to mine; an excellent timer btw. Zone VI used to sell them with their name tag on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Renato Tonelli View Post
    I didn’ know they were still around.

I added the two foot swithes to mine and a metronome with a toggle switch to mine; an excellent timer btw. Zone VI used to sell them with their name tag on them.
    Many companies sold private label items from Lektra. EPOI was one of them.

Thanks! I'm trying to find out what kind of switch. Voltage (in USA, assuming 110 Vac) and amperage. I misspoke about the label--they are "start" and "dodge".
    I assume a "start" foot switch would be momentary contact, and "dodge" would be "off/on".
    And yes, I have contacted David at Lektra--thanks for that! Waiting answer.
    Last edited by HartleyFalbaum; 3-Dec-2017 at 05:52. Reason: added info

Andrew

I use this timer with both foot switches. The "start" switch starts the timer (as if the red button had been pressed). The "dodge" switch turns on the enlarger lamp as long as the switch is held down. AFAIK, they are just mechanical switches that close the circuit when pressed. I'd be happy to take multimeter readings if there's something specific you're looking for.

Thanks, but no need. I spoke with David Silverberg today-he told me the switches are nothing special. A continued contact for "Dodge", and a momentary contact for "start". He did give me a slightly different slant on dodging. He uses the timer for repeatability. i.e. if he wants to burn or dodge 10 sec, he sets 10 sec. If making a set of prints, this makes them uniform. Very pleasant guy. Thanks all for the replies. I'll get a foot switch from McMaster-Carr.

Andrew

Sounds good. FWIW, I do my dodging and burning with the timer as well, but the "dodge" foot switch is still handy for things like focusing and setting up filters where you want the light on for a variable amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by HartleyFalbaum View Post
    Thanks, but no need. I spoke with David Silverberg today-he told me the switches are nothing special. A continued contact for "Dodge", and a momentary contact for "start". He did give me a slightly different slant on dodging. He uses the timer for repeatability. i.e. if he wants to burn or dodge 10 sec, he sets 10 sec. If making a set of prints, this makes them uniform. Very pleasant guy. Thanks all for the replies. I'll get a foot switch from McMaster-Carr.
    I was pretty sure that David could help you.

hi, I know this is an old two and a half year old thread but does the foot switch from McMaster-Carr work on a Lektra tm 560R? (and which switch would be specific for them?).
    If I should start a new thread or this has been addressed here or elsewhere please let me know where to find the info. thank you, Doug.
    My time o lite "broke" last night. The enlarger light stays on after the button is pressed for timer and makes a clicking noise. (is there a fix for this? I have another time o lite with the same issue).