I am writing some software, to compliment existing scanning software such as viewscan/silverfast/epson scan etc.

What I don't have at the moment is easy access to wide variety of colour negatives, of current c-41 stock, but I am sure others do.

There are several goals, but one of which is a better or at least less opaque method of inverting negatives.

What I want is:

1. Scans of negative film using popular and current c-41 stock. Think ektar 100, portra 400, fuj superia etc. (I need the name of the film stock for each scan)

2. Nondescript scenes, with a good range of colours and tones, taken during daylight, skin tones a bonus.

3. Not your best work, stuff you don't mind waving any copyright, the image could be cropped for example a portrait from the eyebrow and above, or from the nose below, half a scene, focus on the wrong point etc. However both a 'reasonable' exposure and scan that has been created in a particular way is essential. However I am open to any restriction you might apply to the stuff you send.

4. Ideally scanned as a positive, raw scan in 16bit with no gamma correction. (i.e. the scan will look just like the negative), however if you already have scans saved that you consider raw, then I am interested but only IF you can remember the settings you used.

5. Ideally a little bit of the film base showing in the scan.

Please send me message if you are interested in helping/participating, and I will set up a dropbox link. 3-5 images varied images would be ideal, to start with.

The software is/will be free for use.

Thanks for your interest.