Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Toyo 45 moldy bellows

Re: Help with Toyo 45 moldy bellows

I would dd vacuuming to the cleaning process to pick up any mold spores lying around.

I find smells to be almost impossible to get rid of. so congrats on your first success and I am curious to hear if you find more.
    ~nicholas
    lifeofstawa
    stawastawa at gmail

"PS. I think that the bellows do not have light leaks. I just made my first photograph (on Fuji FP-100C) with the camera and it became out just fine."

Do the flashlight test. A few exposures tell you nothing. Under different lighting conditions, different extension or camera movements, pinholes could have a disastrous effect.

The suggestion to contact Kumar is a good one. A used and unwrinkled bellows might be a good long-term investment.

Also, from looking at the parts list and exploded drawings of the Toyo Field I have (maybe from Kumar or on this forum someplace, don't remember) and my own Toyo the bellows is removable via a series of screws. The back has 8 screws accessible from the back and the front has 4 screws on the front standard hidden under pieces of body cover. Looks to be fairly easy.

you guys know this thread is from 2017, right?

Quote Originally Posted by AngelaTurner View Post
    How dare are you to recommend something stupid like this? Do you have any idea how dangerous ozone generators could be? They can kill everything in the room, not only mold. Ozone generators are good at getting rid of mold, fungus, and different insects around the house, but it is also very dangerous. We already had a negative experience with the ozone generator. I wish someone informed us how to use it without negative consequences. We had mold in our house, and a lot of spiders were crawling around. Someone recommended us to use an ozone generator. We turned it on and left our house for a while. When we came back, we found out that both of our cats died, and all plants are dead. Later we found this article https://www.damagecontrol-911.com/ki...ne-generators/ and realized our epic mistake. My advice to you to read carefully instructions.
    don't get abusive with people just because you did something incredibly stupid. people use ozone generators all the time without killing any pets.

Quote Originally Posted by maltfalc View Post
    you guys know this thread is from 2017, right?

don't get abusive with people just because you did something incredibly stupid. people use ozone generators all the time without killing any pets.
    I actually ended sending the camera back.

But I tried ozone later on with various other items. Sometimes it helped and sometimes it did not.

I used a large plastic box to run the device with the timer. I only used it outside inside the fenced garden far away from the houses.

My experience is that if there is moldy smell on soft items then it is close to impossible to get rid of it.