Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jobo noob needs assistance/advice with Duolab

Re: Jobo noob needs assistance/advice with Duolab

Apparently Jobousa is substituting Kaiser bottles for sale in place of the 1 liter Jobo bottle. Jobo in Germany still shows 6 1 liter bottles for 60 €. Plus shipping! Note: If you use the Kodak and Ilford 1 liter bottles in the big processor, make sure you get the label off. It could foul the pump if it comes loose.

Quote Originally Posted by Duolab123 View Post
    Apparently Jobousa is substituting Kaiser bottles for sale in place of the 1 liter Jobo bottle. Jobo in Germany still shows 6 1 liter bottles for 60 €. Plus shipping! Note: If you use the Kodak and Ilford 1 liter bottles in the big processor, make sure you get the label off. It could foul the pump if it comes loose.
    Freestyle has them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nbagno View Post
    Freestyle has them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, I see that now. Sometime back, last year, Freestyle must have bought a bunch. They were selling the 1 liter Jobo bottle for something like 6 bucks each. I bought a dozen, I remember thinking, to hell with the money, I want some nice clean bottles. Now I'm scared to use them. I'm afraid of staining So funny. I have 4 of the 300ml bottles that came with the Duolab, those are impossible to find. Darkroom stuff is so much fun, way better than iPhones and apps!

Thanks for the advice Duolab123 & nbagno!

Will the Kaiser bottles screw into the threaded lid?

Darkroom stuff is fun... when you can find what you're looking for and doesn't cost the Earth!!
    Jobo gear here in South Africa is scarcer than hen's teeth haha

Quote Originally Posted by nolan_lister View Post
    Thanks for the advice Duolab123 & nbagno!

Will the Kaiser bottles screw into the threaded lid?

Darkroom stuff is fun... when you can find what you're looking for and doesn't cost the Earth!!
    Jobo gear here in South Africa is scarcer than hen's teeth haha
    I am not sure if thread is the same. I doubt it is. The cog for the Duolab is shared with the Jobo Colorbase, a hand crank driven print drum. Looks like if you want bottles it's going to be expensive. The Duolab will work without a bottle, you may get a little bit of leakage. The fact is that if liquid runs back out of the drum, back into the bottle during processing, you've overfilled the tank. The way the Duolab is configured you can't use a 1500 series tank bigger than the 1520. Jobo designed it so. I made a special roller to permit longer 1500 series drums, it works but it puts too much of a load on the motor. Used as directed it works great. I have the 11 X14 Duolab print drum that I used a couple days ago to process an 11 X14 sheet of HP5 sheet film. If you develop sheets of film or paper use plenty of chemistry or you will get bromide drag, streaking the film. I bet someone in South Africa has some bottles, Jobo was everywhere. Check www.jobousa.com for all sorts of info, no Duolab manual last I checked.
    Best Regards Mike