Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rezivot Instax Back !!FINALLY LIVE!!

Exclamation Rezivot Instax Back !!FINALLY LIVE!!

Rezivot is a back that fits a good amount of cameras to produce instax images.

Can fit Graflok systems as well as some others.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...or/description

Re: Rezivot Instax Back !!FINALLY LIVE!!

Wow, $230k goal. They need something like 1,000 backers to hit that at their $219 plan. I wonder if they can do it - I'm not sure how big the market is. Instax is selling like hotcakes, but the market for using it on older cameras, not sure.

The price isn't terrible, considering the going rate of 405 backs at their peak. This past summer I sold off all of my 405 stuff along with my back-stock of almost 80 boxes of Fuji 100C and 3000B. I am disappointed Fuji killed the product line(s), especially the 3000B which I enjoyed using for family snapshots that could go right into a scrapbook straight from the camera. I've been looking at Instax but just using Fuji's cameras. Not ready to spend money on something to fit it onto my LF cameras, yet.

Good luck to them.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

This is the second time around for Rezivot with an Instax back - their campaign fell short last time.

I'd very much like to see it succeed. Actually, I'd even more like to see Fuji make an Instax Wide Graflok-fit back. But if Rezivot once again struggles to sell even 1,000 of them, one could understand the bean-counters at Fuji concluding "sorry, not a large enough market". We'll see, here's hoping, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Wow, $230k goal. They need something like 1,000 backers to hit that at their $219 plan. I wonder if they can do it - I'm not sure how big the market is. Instax is selling like hotcakes, but the market for using it on older cameras, not sure.

The price isn't terrible, considering the going rate of 405 backs at their peak. This past summer I sold off all of my 405 stuff along with my back-stock of almost 80 boxes of Fuji 100C and 3000B. I am disappointed Fuji killed the product line(s), especially the 3000B which I enjoyed using for family snapshots that could go right into a scrapbook straight from the camera. I've been looking at Instax but just using Fuji's cameras. Not ready to spend money on something to fit it onto my LF cameras, yet.

Good luck to them.
    Bryan,

Give the new Polaroid OneStep 2 a try. The price is very reasonable and I have been using it for candid family photos and really like the new camera and film.

Pali

Thanks Pali, I'll have to check it out!

BTW, the folks at Mercury Works are making backs for Instax film on their cameras and others with Graflok backs already. These are specialty items and they may not be available right this moment due to fulfillment of KS orders but I saw them sell a few earlier this year. It seems like a popular request, but again I wonder what the total market for such a device is. I guess these folks will find out!

The Mercury back for 4x5 Graflok was based on the Lomo Belair Instax back. As with all Belair-to-4x5-Graflok conversions I've ever seen, there was a substantial mismatch between the film and GG planes, requiring one kludge or another for focusing. And in any case, the Belair back seems to be gone for good, so no more of those.

Fair enough, I'm really not well versed in all of that. It does seem like a niche that needs filling. I hope it succeeds. I might be interested, in the future.

I backed the Jollylook KS campaign for a camera using the Instax Mini (Too small I know but...). Anyway, the developing unit for that paper camera is modular and I intend to pull it out and adapt it to my Mercury. They are making enough extra cameras that they are offering extra units at backer prices. I'm tempted to get an extra unit but haven't quite decided yet.

I'm not 100% sure i read this correctly but the writing seems to imply that for the Instax Wide back to fit on a Graflock mount you need to remove the original locking mechanism from a 405 back.

If so, this back suddenly becomes a way more expensive solution to shoot instant film... first 219$ for their back and then also for a 405 back to cannibalize its mounting hardware

Copypaste of the relevant text:

For our wide version

1. Remove the connecting plate from your old packfilm holder.
    2. Install connecting plate to our Instant film processor.

I read it as implying that users will need to cannibalize a Graflok mounting plate from another holder. Not sure that only a 405 will do, though.

But at least for now, there's no other game in town if you want to use Instax Wide on a view camera.