Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Deardorff??

Question What happened to Deardorff??

Deardorff Camera Company came back to life a couple of years ago and now seems to have disappeared. They had a website where you could place an order for a camera which I can no longer find on the web.

Did Deardorff close up shop? What happened?? Anyone who has any information to share will be greatly appreciated.

Re: What happened to Deardorff??

'Tis the curse of the Deardorff, lad!
    When Jack passed on to his reward, he took with him the Deardorff camera mystique along with his family name.
    Non-Deardorffians have never been successful at building and marketing 'dorffs ever since.
    If ye wish for a 'dorff, you'll want to find one that's had the magic breathed into it's bellows by a real, live Deardorff.
    ^^^that's the best explanation I can offer you^^^
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I am too new to be able to access the page in Dan's link, but I gather that the resurrected Deardorff operation has closed its doors. I looked on ebay and there are many 8x10 original Deardorffs to be had there.

Findinf film holders and film will be the next challenge...

Quote Originally Posted by herrbarnack View Post
    Finding film holders and film will be the next challenge...
    No, those are easily available.

Deardorff Camera Company came back to life a couple of years ago and now seems to have disappeared. They had a website where you could place an order for a camera which I can no longer find on the web.

Did Deardorff close up shop? What happened?? Anyone who has any information to share will be greatly appreciated.
    He has suffered financial difficulties for years and is now dealing with significant health problems. He is currently seeking a buyer to carry on the Deardorff name.

I am too new to be able to access the page in Dan's link, but I gather that the resurrected Deardorff operation has closed its doors. I looked on ebay and there are many 8x10 original Deardorffs to be had there.

FWIW, here's everything you'll likely want to know about the mighty 'dorff
    http://deardorffcameras.0catch.com/
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I have been told and shown proof that the spare parts are now stocked and sold by a store in Boston. Im not sure if its against the guidelines so I wont mention the name. But I was also told e will have more positive news about Deardorff soon. (I have no affiliation to the brand or the store). Here is an article I wrote with that information.

http://thedailygrain.co/2017/10/22/d...-not-yet-done/

Like Luis-F-S says, "No those are easily available.".

You can buy used film holders on here or Ebay. Both Plastic and the older Wooden ones work. You can also buy brand new Plastic film holders from places like B&H and even brand new wooden holders from Chamonix.

Jeez, where to start... mismanagement and confusion on customers parts. People assumed that the brand would continue under the same type of business practice that made the brand what it is. I always read the horror stories online and it didn't quite sink in until a good friend of mine lost some serious, serious money when Barry just cheated him, plain and simple.