Thread: Japanese Brand: GoodSleeves

Japanese Brand: GoodSleeves

Anyone here ever order something from these folks? I have a trip to Paris coming up and will be traveling for the first time with an 8x10, lightweight Wehman... nothing fancy needed and at 34, I'm strong and young enough to not need some overbuilt suspension system to save my back.

https://goodsleeves.shop/items/5b1dd213a6e6ee64860004b7

Re: Japanese Brand: GoodSleeves

Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    I'm strong and young enough to not need some overbuilt suspension system to save my back.
    If you can do without a suspension at all, B&H has the Lowepro S&F Transport Duffle deeply discounted now--I picked one up and was pleasantly surprised by the build quality.

Quote Originally Posted by CreationBear View Post
    If you can do without a suspension at all, B&H has the Lowepro S&F Transport Duffle deeply discounted now--I picked one up and was pleasantly surprised by the build quality.
    I've got the mindshift 40L that easily fits the Wehman.

I was thinking hardcore like an oversized messenger bag. I was lucky enough to help out Nick Nixon in the past and thats how he slugs his Dorff around.

Curious about how Nick Nixon carries his gear. So it's a 12lb dorf in a messenger bag, tripod over shoulder or in a sling? How heavy a tripod does he use? And holders in a separate bag? One lens only I assume? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dodphotography View Post
    I was thinking hardcore like an oversized messenger bag.
    Ah, definitely more practical traipsing through the banlieues, I would think. Good luck with the search!

Quote Originally Posted by G Benaim View Post
    Curious about how Nick Nixon carries his gear. So it's a 12lb dorf in a messenger bag, tripod over shoulder or in a sling? How heavy a tripod does he use? And holders in a separate bag? One lens only I assume? Thanks
    One lens... either 210 or 240 gold dot. Camera in messenger bag, holders in a second one. Tripod in hand, as soon as it’s mounted second bag goes into larger bag, camera mounted on tripod rests on his shoulder as he walks around. For 70+ he’s nimble and can focus, throw a movement in there, load and shoot within a minute. It’s impressive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk