Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Schneider 165/8 SA rear filtering?

Re: Schneider 165/8 SA rear filtering?

I have used the Lee Filters Gel Snap on rear elements before. It is pretty similar to the one that Kumar has, but held on with a rubber band. I am not sure it is big enough for your lens, but for $10 it is certainly worth checking out.

Some good ideas everyone. I'll probably try the gel in bellows option first then keep my eyes open for cheap used x-pro stuff on the bay of fleas.

I've less than 50 sheets of E64T left to shoot, but this stuff comes up very cheaply quite often so I dare say I'll end up with more.

Next job is to get my 300/5.6 in Prontor Pro CLA'd - I checked the apertures last night (measured looking through from the front), F/5.6 indicated was actually more like f/9, & f/45 was ~ f/100.

The adjustment screws on the rear of the shutter look like it would be straightforward to get this closer to true but the wider end might engage on the final raised land of the aperture cam too soon - making it a bit notchy.

If anyone has a service/repair manual or just info on prontor pro shutters I'd be appreciative.

Here's another idea: get one of the 150mm universal filter holders from Haida (~US$100), or another manufacturer.
    Cut a piece of your 85b filter to 150mm x 150mm and mount it to cardboard stock.
    Done.

http://www.spiritsofsilver.com tgtaylor's Avatar

This might not work for your P2 but recently I bought a Compendium Hood for my Toyo MII https://www.keh.com/shop/large-forma...60-709727.html so that I could mount a 3-stop ND Gel when using the 14" Wollensack Veritar SF lens. I got the hood from KEH in what appears to me to be in mint/mint- condition for $59US and a Rosco Gel sheet for $9 locally. Simply cut a 2-ply board to fit the hood's filter slot and tape/glue the gel to it. I don't know if the Toyo hood will work with the P2 but maybe there is a Sinar hood.

Thomas

More great suggestions, thanks.