Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Epson 9600 Printer Question

Re: Epson 9600 Printer Question

Quote Originally Posted by PRJ View Post
    Free never means free with Epson. Unless you want to invest the amount of money it would take to get it running, which will be significant, better to just skip it. Ive passed on a few "free" Epsons over the years. Not worth it in my opinion. Just take a look at Pali's result. Epsons just require too much work. Better to get a Canon. Only case to be made for Epson in my opinion is if you want to convert it to a black and white printer. Then Epson is you only choice.
    I do intend to print mainly B&W on that printer.
    Hopefully reviving this printer will pay off.

btw, Would you choose Photo black + light black for B&W or Matte black + light black?

Quote Originally Posted by Artman.A View Post
    I do intend to print mainly B&W on that printer.
    Hopefully reviving this printer will pay off.

btw, Would you choose Photo black + light black for B&W or Matte black + light black?
    If you plan to print in B&W you might also consider third party all black ink sets and running the printer with QuadToneRIP.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Quote Originally Posted by Artman.A View Post
    Thanks. good idea. I found a cleaning cartridge set with the solution for about 130$ and compatible ink set for about another 130$, and 39$ drivers and RIP for windows 10. A new print head sells for another 100$ on ebay and dampers are very cheap. even if it would be a few days of assembly and maintenance i think it is worth the shot for a garage geek like myself.

Hello, I recently picked up an Epson 9600. But for the life of me cant find a way to run it on new computer(Windows 10). Could you tell me how you got it to work?

Thanks
    Matt

Epson Stylus Pro 7800 experiences...

2004: Purchased to use for getting my MFA. Had to remove it from the back of my Vanagon, haul up a stairway to the 2nd floor, and set it up myself. Was a bear to do but did it all myself. Printer was up and running the next day. Used it almost on a daily basis and had infrequent problems with clogged heads.

2011: Printer was put into storage.

2020: Finally set up the 7800 with my Macbook Pro with macOS Mojave Version 10.14.6. Took me a day to get the Mac to talk to the 7800. Did a test and all but 2 inks were clogged. Ordered ink c cartridges for the ones that were less than 50% full. Started to run the power cleaning cycle. Was told by an IT person to wait a day before running the power cleaning cycle again. I think it took about 4 days for all the heads to be working 100%. That was back in September, 2020. Unfortunately other commitments got in the way of using the printer till now. This weekend I will be able to get back to getting the 7800 working again, as do expect for one or two heads to be clogged up. From then on, plan on running the 7800 for at least 3 sessions per week. I have found it cheaper in the long run to print prints for our town's museum on a weekly basis and just donate them to having to run the head cleaning cycle and watch the inks drain. Main reason for getting the 7800 working again is because I have probably a dozen unopened rolls of 24" paper on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by darmat19 View Post
    Hello, I recently picked up an Epson 9600. But for the life of me cant find a way to run it on new computer(Windows 10). Could you tell me how you got it to work?

Thanks
    Matt
    I'm picking up a 9600 as well and have concerns about it working with my operating system. Did you find a solution to this? I did read about a generic windows Epson driver that may work, but I can't try that until I have it hooked up. I do not have any Vista computers laying around. I believe that was the last OS they made drivers for this unit.

I'm hoping to print large adhesive backed vinyls for indoor use on this. Any thoughts? Do I need to laminate my prints?

Quote Originally Posted by darmat19 View Post

Thanks
    Matt
    Did you ever find a solution? I need drivers for windows 10 also.