Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: July 9 Washington DC (Great Falls) meet-up

Re: July 9 Washington DC (Great Falls) meet-up

Mark sorry you missed us. I'm hoping for another meetup soon and you will be able to join us. Yes the park did started to get thick with people starting about 9am.
    It was a pleasure meeting and talking shop with fellow LFers from the other side of the computer screen. Many thanks for everyone who critiqued my photos. I find it most helpful when people tell me what they think of my work.
    It was great fun, or what the Irish would say....Lots of craig.

Has anyone posted images from our outing? I'm the one who was only practicing composition and movements, sans film. Would love to see what anyone else discovered.

Philip
    Philip Ulanowsky

Sine scientia ars nihil est. (Without science/knowledge, art is nothing.)
    www.imagesinsilver.art
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/156933346@N07/

Sorry we missed you Mark. By 9:00 we were setting up at the picnic tables across from overlook 2 for breakfast.

Sorry I haven't posted anything yet. I have yet to develop the negatives. Scrambling on the rocks, I pulled a muscle in my back, and have been laid up with that most of the week. I'll try to post some here this weekend.

Well, I just organized my film holders and about to pull out the color slide film to send off for processing along with 5 roles of 120. I have to find my daylight tank that is brand new and figure out chemicals. If I run into trouble I will be asking for help!! I am sending the color stuff to Digital Silver Imaging in Belmont, MA the have a special this month for 5+ sheets at $3.50 each and 5+ roles at $18.95 each for development and scanning. I am going to Huntley Meadow Saturday morning to shot a role of 120 through my mamiya 645 so I have 5 roles to develop. My email is geneg12@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by geneg12 View Post
    Well, I just organized my film holders and about to pull out the color slide film to send off for processing along with 5 roles of 120. I have to find my daylight tank that is brand new and figure out chemicals. If I run into trouble I will be asking for help!! I am sending the color stuff to Digital Silver Imaging in Belmont, MA the have a special this month for 5+ sheets at $3.50 each and 5+ roles at $18.95 each for development and scanning. I am going to Huntley Meadow Saturday morning to shot a role of 120 through my mamiya 645 so I have 5 roles to develop. My email is geneg12@aol.com
    Since you are local to the DC area, I would recommend a local lab: DodgeChrome in Silver Spring, MD.

The prices look simular so if I get time I will put together my color film and go to DodgeChrome in McLean Saturday after a photo shoot.

Gene, another vote for DodgeChrome. I have toured their facility in Silver Spring, MD and you will not find a better lab anywhere on the east coast.

Pali

I'll give DodgeChrome a shot for the color film. Maybe we could do a group meetup to do some film development. I have done a few roles 2 years ago and have the chemicals but would love someone with more experience to make sure I am doing everything right. I have like 5 roles of 120 film and maybe 10 exposed sheets of B&W. Gene

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-15-0001.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	167298

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-07-15-0004.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	54.9 KB 
ID:	167299
    I didn't have anything from the trip I was particularly happy with, but one of the nice things about having this in my backyard is that I can keep going back and try again, and there were a few images that gave me ideas for future compositions. I definitely need to shoot this with a longer lens, and would like to have some clouds in the sky.

Cheers, Tim