Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Imaging-themed source for business cards

Imaging-themed source for business cards

Looking for an online source of business cards that caters to imaging/graphic arts. Any recommendations will be appreciated. Private message is ok, or replies to this thread work also.

Re: Imaging-themed source for business cards

I'm sure a GOOGLE search for "online source of business cards" will give you TONS to choose from. I've never used them or needed them. There is plenty of free flexible business card software packages out there. You probably have some and don't even know it -- such as PRINT WORKSHOP and ARC SOFT. A lot comes as add-ons to graphics programs, photography and printer software, etc. Pre-cut business cards in 8.5x11" sheets is readily available and cheap at Walmart and Office Depot, etc. Sure, you have to find the time, but the software is easy to use and you can design it EXACTLY the way you want -- with YOUR picture(s) on the front or on both sides!

vistaprint.com

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, google I've heard of it.

Hoping to hear first hand experience from any forum members who are pleased with their business cards, and the cards have an imaging/graphic theme. Similar to getting a recommendation for one of the many options for website hosting that caters to photographers.

Are you looking for something unique/trendy? I've seen some transparent business cards designed to look like a camera viewfinder, and other somewhat creative cards that have are specifically "photography" themed.

Personally I am a fan of sleek minimalist cards. My cards are plain white with black lettering that is raised/shiny to catch the eye and have a tactile feel. Can't remember the exact term for that. Got them from vistaprint and they are fine. Before that I ordered from a local shop and the price was excellent and they worked with me on a design, so support your local business if you can.

Tear sheets of business card size templates from the office store look like trash. Order real cards.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

You might try moo.com. They're very popular with the fine arts community.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Thanks. I'll check out moo and 4by6. Greg I like the still life work on your site. How did you gather those things from my basement when I wasn't looking?

I've used Moo - I like the feature that you can have up to 25 different images on the back side of the card at no extra cost. I use a selection of my images for those backsides and the front side shows part of a single image with the contact information. You have a choice of cardboard qualities. Print quality (b/w) is quite good, I've also used them for greeting cards of my images.
    Arne

Arne, thanks. On Moo did you need to lighten black and white images for the reverse side? I created a proof with Moo and it looks in the preview like the image will be quite dark. I searched online about this and it seems others have similar experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by chassis View Post
    Arne, thanks. On Moo did you need to lighten black and white images for the reverse side? I created a proof with Moo and it looks in the preview like the image will be quite dark. I searched online about this and it seems others have similar experiences.
    I seem to remember the darkening on the screen before the "photo enhancement" button, but I don't think I changed the image itself.