Thread: PhotoKlassik Magazine International English version

PhotoKlassik Magazine International English version

I discovered this lurking on Filmwasters forum. A long establish German magazine concentrating on film photography is going to produce an International English language version published quarterly and is looking to Kickstarter to initially fund it. This is a print publication.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tional-edition

More information about the magazine.
    https://www.photoklassik.de/photoklassik-international/
    Last edited by richydicky; 6-Jun-2017 at 11:51. Reason: spelling

Re: PhotoKlassik Magazine International English version

Kicked in!

Looks promising! Great mixture of images, technical information, and news related to analog photography. The print quality of the German version is superb and should be the same for the International (English) version.

Cheers
    Andreas
    To infinity - and beyond...

I just subscribed today after seeing a post from Karl Hudson. Karl was setting up a Tango drum scanner for the people who put the magazine out and will be contributing an article on drum scanning in the future. Looks like Bruce Barnbaum is featured in the most recent edition. Hurray, for someone to put out an international magazine in print on analog photography!
    Thad Gerheim

I kicked in on the kickstarter to help fund the magazine.
    Received my copy last week and was underwhelmed. Printing was first rate along with layout and design. Was NOT impressed by the articles as I've o
    Seen Bruce barnbaum umpteen times in other magazines
    And the other articles were just ok. I applaud a new magazine on analog but there's lots more going on in analog as far as I'm concerned and a lot more cutting edge work.

Quote Originally Posted by peter schrager View Post
    I kicked in on the kickstarter to help fund the magazine.
    Received my copy last week and was underwhelmed. Printing was first rate along with layout and design. Was NOT impressed by the articles as I've o
    Seen Bruce barnbaum umpteen times in other magazines
    And the other articles were just ok. I applaud a new magazine on analog but there's lots more going on in analog as far as I'm concerned and a lot more cutting edge work.
    Hello Peter,

I have just joined the PKI team here in Germany and will be contributing content for the magazine and their online/social media front. Marwan and the rest of the team are diligently working to expand the team and the content covered. Reader feedback is appreciated and important to help us fine tune the content to make it relevant and interesting.

If I might ask, can you provide some examples of the cutting edge work you mentioned above so I can have an idea of subjects to look into.

Thank you again for your support and I look forward to hearing back from you.

-Doug Richardson

Hello Doug!
    sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. life happens
    You should get in touch with Paula Chamlee. She is one half of the married couple Michaeal Smith who recently died. they were/are an incredible team. doing everything from a 50 year career for Michael both being outstanding photographers who used only Azo and Amidol for printing. Founders of the Lodima Press making some of the finest photographic books in that realm. Quality first and content first. Michael is represented in over 50 major museums in the world.
    there is much to know and Paula is just the most amazing woman.She is also a painter. You can go to the website Michael and Paula or Lodima press.com. If you reach out to her you will be richly rewarded.
    Secondly I have a good friend photographer Guillueme Zuili who is originally from Paris but migrated to Los Angeles working for Angence Vu. He is THE master of Lith photography. he is represented in Paris by a very fine agency and is presently in southern France working on projects with local governments to bring photography to the people. he does have a website and is on Facebook too
    these are 2 of the special people I know personally and happy to provide more. of course it is up your editor to make decisions but these are very fine examples of what I consider the "cutting edge"
    So let me clarify cutting edge; for me it is really about the image. not the tricks or the current fad in this or that. A well done photograph stays with you forever.
    hoping this is a little insight for you; please feel free to reach out anytime.
    have a great day!!!
    Peter

Sorry spelled my friends name wrong
    Its Guillaume Zuili

Hello Peter,

Thank you for the reply and the feedback. I am familiar with Paula and Michael, and have spent time looking at their work they have on their webpage. Thank you for suggesting examples, this will give me some ideas where to look and research. Having many years in photography under his belt, Marwan has a growing list of artist he would like to highlight in the magazine but with limited space in each issue we can only include a few at a time. We look for all the feedback we can get, so thank you again.

-Doug