Thread: C.P. Goerz Extra Rapid Lynkeioskop Serie C. no1 > flange diameter?

C.P. Goerz Extra Rapid Lynkeioskop Serie C. no1 > flange diameter?

Recently I got the C.P. Goerz Extra Rapid Lynkeioskop Serie C. no1 albeit without a flange.
    From what I have measured the thread pitch is M0.7 or TPI 36. Further the diameter of the screwmount on the barrel is 37,92mm. So I guess a flange with a diameter of about 37,30mm might fit, but not sure of course. Before buying some of these flanges I would like to have a more specific measurement so if there are fellowmembers that might have this same lens, I would be most grateful if they could provide a measurement of the diameter of their flange.

thanks
    Ron

My Flickr

Re: C.P. Goerz Extra Rapid Lynkeioskop Serie C. no1 > flange diameter?

Quote Originally Posted by Ron (Netherlands) View Post
    Recently I got the C.P. Goerz Extra Rapid Lynkeioskop Serie C. no1 albeit without a flange.
    From what I have measured the thread pitch is M0.7 or TPI 36. Further the diameter of the screwmount on the barrel is 37,92mm. So I guess a flange with a diameter of about 37,30mm might fit, but not sure of course. Before buying some of these flanges I would like to have a more specific measurement so if there are fellowmembers that might have this same lens, I would be most grateful if they could provide a measurement of the diameter of their flange.

thanks
    Ron
    HI Ron,
    I looked in my stock but I don´t found a lens with this thread.
    But I can offer to turn a ring for your lens. I offen did it for LF photographers and a small ring like this costs not really much.
    For this you have to send the lens to me to take care that it will really fit.
    I live in Germany and maybe the shipping charge are acceptable extra costs.

Many thanks Arri for your very kind offer. Since my question is just recently posted and we are now in the holiday season, I'll would just like to wait a little longer to give fellowmembers (who might be on holiday) give the opportunity to give a response if they have the same lens. If there will be no further responses, I would like to make use of your kind offer and we'll be in touch.

My Flickr

A little update: still no matching flange found; however I found which diameter the flange should have to provide a decent fit. I tried a retaining ring from a Compur 1a shutter and it fitted nicely. The retaining ring has a diameter of 37.64mm.

Different from the lens which as a thread pitch of M0.7 the retaining ring was close with a pitch of M0.9. Since the retaining ring must stay on the shutter, I'm still searching for a matching flange/mounting ring which ideally should have these specs:
    a thread pitch of M0.7 (or TPI 36) and an inner diameter of 37.64mm.

My Flickr

Could this be one and a half inch at 36 TPI?

As you are in the EU I'm sure Jose at Custom Photo Tools could help (I have no connection apart from being a happy customer - he has done excellent custom work for me). You could even send him the lens.

Good luck!

Thanks for the link.