Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Intrepid 8x10 Camera

Intrepid 8x10 Camera

Already reached its goal!! Looks very interesting and they'll be making their own 8x10 film holders.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...arge-format-ca

Re: Intrepid 8x10 Camera

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.E View Post
    Already reached its goal!!
    After 10 minutes of announcement. Early bird is gone.
    "Sex is like maths, add the bed, subtract the clothes, divide the whoo hoo and hope you don't multiply." - Leather jacket guy

As far as I am concerned these guys are golden right now. My original Intrepid 4x5 works wonderfully and I suspect that this 8x10 will as well. I ordered mine with the reducing back so I can use my New55 film as well.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan

I wish them well, and it's great to see that people are excited about 8x10!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

I also ordered mine with the 4x5 reducing back. They have been completely responsive to requests for the development of a 4x5 back and lens board adapters leading up to the Kickstarter and I love backing a company who backs my hobbies no matter how niche the rest of the photography world deems them to be.
    GreggObst.com
    LF 8x10/5x7/4x5, MF and 35mm shooter.

Weird situation where the cheapest 10x8 camera is Made in England and more 'premium' products, such as Shen Hao, are Made in China.
    I was going to write 'good luck' to them but they obviously have found a niche to exploit so it is probably just good business.
    Hopefully with this new found enthusiasm for 10x8 there will be an increased pressure for the return of Velvia 50 to USA and Europe and it should be a nice boost for the likes of Ilford too.
    On the downside there will be more people fishing from the pool of available lenses, which will no doubt push prices up, and the second hand prices of Sekonic l-508/558/758 will likely rise also.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweep View Post
    On the downside there will be more people fishing from the pool of available lenses, which will no doubt push prices up, and the second hand prices of Sekonic l-508/558/758 will likely rise also.
    Yes that's a good point... or the already expensive Polaroid processors, not to mention the holders. I'm awfully tempted to support the project but I already have enough with my 4x5 and a workflow that suits me well. Oh and where am I going to find an 8x10 enlarger ?

at 480GBP for the camera they have definitely hit the 'sweet spot' of cheap and 'cheapness'.

I'll spend this week thinking long and hard if i really want to go down the 8x10 road for contact printing portraits......

I need another camera like a new hole in my head, but I just supported this project! Since 8x10 is my favorite format and I ain't gettin' any younger (64 years young now), I just couldn't resist this size camera at 4.8 lbs! I hope the final product is as good as what I've read about their 4x5. Nice to support an innovative company, too.

<5 lbs is ridiculous ! wonder what wood is used in the ply ? like others, sooo tempted to back this but also very curious about their film holders. Wish they would post more photos of the 8x10 holders cuz I need more holders like the desert needs more sand

It's also heartening to see a company keeping things simple and not go overboard with the CAD designs
    notch codes ? I only use one film...