Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wide angle lens suggestions - Rodenstock Grandagon 75/4.5

loujon

Re: Wide angle lens suggestions - Rodenstock Grandagon 75/4.5

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    Except she is using it with 69 roll film, not 45 sheet film.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan Gales View Post
    Bob, she starts off mentioning 6x9 but later in the post she mentions that she is looking for a lens that would be good for both 6x9 and 4x5. Easy to miss!
    Andrea introduced HIMSELF as a 35 year old Italian guy living in Munich Germany.

BTW- Andrea in my experience the 90mm WA either version is the most used WA lens but there are times when you may need more expansive view or have a tight spot that the 90mm WA wont meet and the 75mm WA can be indispensable to get the shot. So in the end you may want both & if the price is right on the 75 offered to you then pick it up now. Then recoup or save up for a purchase of a 90mm WA lens & then your WA lens needs will be met and maybe for good.

I wouldn't go for a 75mm as a second lens, think about the 90mm f6.8 Grandagon N - I've had mine for years and it's great with 6x9 for landscapes and a perfect wide angle for 5x4, it's quite easy to focus.

A 75mm is nice but is sometimes a touch too wide for 5x4, I use one at times where I'd previously use my 65mm which only just covers 5x4 (it's also newer and a more practical shutter than the Compur #00 of my 65mm SA). I'd echo the comments about looking for a 135mm/150mm to give more flexibility.

Ian

Cheap is good. Then I'd get a 120 SA.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    Andrea introduced HIMSELF as a 35 year old Italian guy living in Munich Germany.

BTW- Andrea in my experience the 90mm WA either version is the most used WA lens but there are times when you may need more expansive view or have a tight spot that the 90mm WA wont meet and the 75mm WA can be indispensable to get the shot. So in the end you may want both & if the price is right on the 75 offered to you then pick it up now. Then recoup or save up for a purchase of a 90mm WA lens & then your WA lens needs will be met and maybe for good.
    My apologies, Andrea.

I've only known female Andreas but I see your name is like Pat or Chris or other names that are for men or women.

Thanks for the correction, Louis! I'll take my foot out of my mouth now.

Hi! Thank you for all the replies!
    Don't worry Alan: I know my name is male only in italian and female in almost any other language!
    In the end I decided to buy the Grandagon 75mm: I will try it and, if it's really too wide for my taste I'll consider selling it for a 90mm.