Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: TravelWide Repair Question

Re: TravelWide Repair Question

You're right, it's not, and it also didn't cost almost 5 figures. Unless you have handled one at all, you are doing nothing but disparaging a product you have no hands-on knowledge of, and I think that is rude and unnecessary.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    You're right, it's not, and it also didn't cost almost 5 figures. Unless you have handled one at all, you are doing nothing but disparaging a product you have no hands-on knowledge of, and I think that is rude and unnecessary.
    I don’t have to handle it, numerous users/owners have commented on it. And it is immaterial what the price is. Whatever you pay should work!

You know that famous statement: fitness for use!

Quote Originally Posted by OeT View Post
    Hi all
    I made 14 at work in metall today

Attachment 182776

Attachment 182777

Attachment 182778

As I don't have a camera I plan on sending a couple to Drew Bedo, if he want and then he can check and confirm.
    After that we'll see.
    You can send a couple to means I will test them, too.

Rick “engineer with measurement tools” Denney

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    I don’t have to handle it, numerous users/owners have commented on it. And it is immaterial what the price is. Whatever you pay should work!

You know that famous statement: fitness for use!
    So what. The majority of owners HAVEN'T commented. Squeaky wheel, etc.

You know what is a bad product? Linhof's QR socket and all related accessories. Complete garbage. How did they manufacture just a sham of a product/accessory is beyond me. Perhaps I should sue.

So what. The majority of owners HAVEN'T commented. Squeaky wheel, etc.

You know what is a bad product? Linhof's QR socket and all related accessories. Complete garbage. How did they manufacture just a sham of a product/accessory is beyond me. Perhaps I should sue.
    If your Linhof item was defective it carried a warranty. You were covered. I presume you are talking about one of the Quickfix QR from Linhof, I believe that they are still being made. If so, they have had a long life without known problems.
    If you are talking about one of their other products, they do also make Arca type QR systems, then they also are fully guaranteed.

I have the Horseman emulation x 2.

They work.
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Randy Moe View Post
    I have the Horseman emulation x 2.

They work.
    That’s great! We sold the Linhof Technar and Linhof equipped it with a very costly solenoid system which was also available for the Technikas, the system had two problems:
    1 cost
    2 reliability

It was fussy!

So we told Linhof that they should leave the solenoid system off the units in the USA unless the customer demanded it. That brought the cost down substantially and a Linhof cable release improved reliability considerably.

BTW, the release part of their solenoid was very elegant! It, with its battery pack, fit into the base of the Anatomical Grip and stuck up into the hole for the cable release and ended in a push button switch. A coiled cord then plugged into a very elegant solenoid mounted to the lens.

If it had only been reliable and not fussy!

For the record I'm talking about this piece of garbage, the QR socket, just like I said.

Also let me not forget the Linhof ballhead that failed completely and never was a very good head to begin with. By and large the most trash equipment I've had has been the over-engineered Linhof stuff. It's really too bad they are the only folks that made a RF 4x5 camera that could switch lenses easily, otherwise it'd be in the landfill by now. I digress.

The point is that all products have failure points. To even suggest that they should be sued over problems experienced by some users is ludicrous, especially by someone who has NO knowledge of anything about this issue, but just read some reports on the forum. It's people like you who are the reason that they have disappeared from this project/product. Sue them?!? Give me a break, and please just stop with your hearsay and unfounded opinions.

For the record I'm talking about this piece of garbage, the QR socket, just like I said.

Also let me not forget the Linhof ballhead that failed completely and never was a very good head to begin with. By and large the most trash equipment I've had has been the over-engineered Linhof stuff. It's really too bad they are the only folks that made a RF 4x5 camera that could switch lenses easily, otherwise it'd be in the landfill by now. I digress.

The point is that all products have failure points. To even suggest that they should be sued over problems experienced by some users is ludicrous, especially by someone who has NO knowledge of anything about this issue, but just read some reports on the forum. It's people like you who are the reason that they have disappeared from this project/product. Sue them?!? Give me a break, and please just stop with your hearsay and unfounded opinions.
    You do know that that is the old version. And, if you have the correct cable release, and the QR had been properly installed it works flawlessly.

As for the ballhead, a Profi II, III, something else? They have made dozens of ball heads over the years, if you had had a problem with them then we would have fixed it. So why not be specific?

As for easily changing lenses on a RF camera, the Wista RF uses the same type boards and changes cams with the twist of a knob. Couldn’t be easier, although it is considerably less versatile.

I don’t have to have used the TW, there are enough complaints about the helical to make it obvious, and too many people waiting for third parties to remanufacture a basic part!

This isn't the time or place for my specific complaints with Linhof's poorly-engineered products. I stand by what I said already wrt your rude and unhelpful statements in this thread.