Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: TravelWide Repair Question

Small town, South Carolina, US

Re: TravelWide Repair Question

I appreciate my TW and haven't had problems with it. If it had remained in production I would think that the part would have been made of metal as soon as the issue became apparent. My sympathies are with the guys who developed the camera.

As a precaution I would be willing to purchase the part in metal when available - just to have on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    This isn't the time or place for my specific complaints with Linhof's poorly-engineered products. I stand by what I said already wrt your rude and unhelpful statements in this thread.
    Sorry if it bothered you. It was not aimed at you. It was aim at the manufacturer who didn’t stand behind the product.
    As for your Linhof problems, when specifically did you contact me about your problems? Or our service centers? Or the factory?

Your complaints are not ringing any bells for me. But if you were/are dissatisfied with them there are thousands of users who were/are happy with theirs!

And yes, problems do occur, and were always addressed and taken care of professionally. Sorry if yours weren’t!

Quote Originally Posted by Corran View Post
    Give it a rest Bob. The product is not defective. Rough handling will kill a Linhof just as well. My unit broke due to my own usage, not the camera design. As designed and used with typical care I believe it would've been fine.
    Mine sure was! Right from the start the focusing was so tight so as to be right on the edge of unuseable. I despaired of trying to contact Ben. After all the trouble they had getting these finished and out to backers, well....I just tried to fix it myself. Took it apart and leveled some mold flashing, that helped a little but in 3-4 months the focusing slowly got stiffer and stiffer. Then the retaining arcs broke.
    I still have a 65mm pinhole camera though, so not a total loss.
    I still believe Ben had a great idea, and miscalculated the difficulty and expense of bringing it to fruition.

I’d love to get my hands on two of these new metal pieces . Camera has been out of commission over a year.

Small town, South Carolina, US

Don't know if this has helped but I have kept mine in an air conditioned home when not in use. Plus every month or so I have gently run the focus out and in a bunch of times - assuming that it will wear in.

BTW, unbeknown to her, my wife purchased a TW which is still sitting in the original unopened box in my "camera closet." Maybe I should open it up to see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by evites View Post
    I’d love to get my hands on two of these new metal pieces . Camera has been out of commission over a year.
    #MeToo!

Total cost is the question ow.
    Drew Bedo
    www.quietlightphoto.com
    http://www.artsyhome.com/author/drew-bedo

There are only three types of mounting flanges; too big, too small and wrong thread!

I'd be very happy to test that part, too!!

I will send a couple the Drew this weekend and once he have confirmed if it fit properly I can start to sell to others.
    What is a descent price range for two? 20-30$?

Do or do not. There is no try.

$20-$30 for a pair sounds reasonable to me. This would get my non-working camera working again.

What ever happened to the parallel effort between Corran and plauble (Ritchie)?

Mine still works just fine but it is such a terrific little camera that I'll buy two sets at that price just to keep mine running if it does break.

Please keep us posted.

As for the Linhof silliness, I would dearly love to have seen Linhof come out with this camera at this price point.
    The Viewfinder is the Soul of the Camera

If you don't believe it, look into an 8x10 viewfinder!

Dan