Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zone VI Enlarger Lensboards being made?

Zone VI Enlarger Lensboards being made?

Anyone have a source for Z6 enlarger lens boards?

Re: Zone VI Enlarger Lensboards being made?

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Langham View Post
    Anyone have a source for Z6 enlarger lens boards?
    I had a friend that made me some. Laser cut aluminum. It was kinda a favor. I told him he should make them and sell them. I will ask him. Mine were just aluminum, I spray paint them black. I had him draw up both a standard Leica mount and a blank board with a pilot hole.
    Last I talked to him he was looking at making them to order with a black e coat.
    I'm sure Richard Ritter would have them , SKGRIMES wanted 95 USD, but like everything Adam at SK GRIMES makes it would be beautiful anodized like the original.
    I will check with my friend to see what he's planning on doing. I just bored one of the blanks, 3 in hole saw, to mount a lens flange for a big El Nikkor . With the center pilot hole easy as pie.
    Best Regards Mike

Thanks. I may know the same guy. Got the board problem solved. Now looking for a place to have Zone VI timers repaired.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6881.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	55.5 KB 
ID:	162865

I am just about to fabricate my own using PCB material and a router. Fiberglas-epoxy is a very strong material, and tungsten carbide router bits along with some strategic drilling should make this relatively easy. Circle cutting fixture (Jasper brand) will help. Afterwards, black spray paint for the finish.

I'd contact Richard Ritter

Richard T Ritter
    www.lg4mat.net

Quote Originally Posted by Luis-F-S View Post
    I'd contact Richard Ritter
    I agree, If these are factory identical 65 bucks is cheap. If you want to make a few, that's cool, just be ready to take a while. Good luck, nice equipment.

If $65 got me a finished board, I'd go for it. But I need to mount an Omega threaded extension onto the board, so I'd have to drill the mounting screw holes for that plus the center bore, which is a shade over 2 inches. I'd rather route that 2 inch hole with a Jasper Jig in the fiberglass epoxy board than try to cut a 2 inch hole in a metal board.

Why the Omega extension? I have a 210/5.6 Comparon and a 180/5.6 Rodagon. They seemingly have the same mounting threads, but neither one's flange fits on the other lens, but the Omega threaded extension seems to fit both. I'm not sure why they are so close but a hair off, but they are. Incidentally, an LPL threaded lens mount fits both lenses, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Strack View Post
    If $65 got me a finished board, I'd go for it. But I need to mount an Omega threaded extension onto the board, so I'd have to drill the mounting screw holes for that plus the center bore, which is a shade over 2 inches. I'd rather route that 2 inch hole with a Jasper Jig in the fiberglass epoxy board than try to cut a 2 inch hole in a metal board.

Why the Omega extension? I have a 210/5.6 Comparon and a 180/5.6 Rodagon. They seemingly have the same mounting threads, but neither one's flange fits on the other lens, but the Omega threaded extension seems to fit both. I'm not sure why they are so close but a hair off, but they are. Incidentally, an LPL threaded lens mount fits both lenses, too.
    Sounds like you have a good plan. Threads?? probably some sort of pitch, course vs. fine, SAE vs metric who knows :-). Put up some pictures I would like an extension cone to make reductions from 8 x 10 negative. I ended up with two really nice Calumet era Zone VI type 2 units, one 8x10 the other 5x7. All I have set up right now is the 8x10. Some of the lens cones I've seen for big enlargers look like they are almost 2 foot long. Keep us updated and good luck. Best Mike

Duolab:

I'll post photos when I get the thing done. Omega made some cones for mounting lenses to the Super Chromega E (5x7), and I have one of those--came with a lens I bought. I'll measure it and see if there is a chance it could be fitted to the Zone VI lendsboard. I'll advise.

Regarding the mounting threads, as you said, who knows! Maybe some tooling was worn out when one of the things was made. I can't find the thread specs on the Comparon, but the Rodagon is 50mm x 0.75mm.