Thread: PDF of Linhof Tech IV manual needed

PDF of Linhof Tech IV manual needed

If anyone has a PDF copy of a Tech IV manual they can email me I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Eric

ps. the jpg version in this site does not have the resolution that makes it useful.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

Anyone out there??? ..... echo echo .......
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

According to the Linhof worldwide web site (www.linhof.de), it appears that Linhof is selling legacy hardcopy user manuals for 12.80 euros. This may be why none of their representatives are jumping in here to offer a free PDF file....

Eric,

Here is what Linhof is selling;

"1. Manuals/Operating Instructions
    There are numerous original manuals or copies for different types of cameras available for sale. When ordering please indicate the precise model plus year of production. If these data are not available we would require the serial number of the camera engraved in the accessory shoe. Price of one copy is DM 25,00/12,80 EURO plus postage. Payment by Visa/Mastercard . Presently we a preparing high quality reprints of different manuals."

These are not hard bound and may not be available for all cameras and may not be available in English.

Eric,

BTW, we don't jump in offering free old manuals as the Linhof importer as we don't have any. We do have current manuals for sale for $10.00 postage pre paid.

Unless you have a historic interest in an original manual, Eric, a current Master Tech manual should cover most of what you need. The front rise is a little different. You might have a Focuspot port on the Tech IV that doesn't exist on the MT. The MT has the top flap and slightly different placement of the knobs for the back to accommodate it. The MT has a zeroed groundglass, and the Tech IV has to have lenses cammed to the particular camera body. The Tech IV probably has a block with two holes for a cable release anchor on the bed that doesn't exist on the Master. Everything else should be pretty much the same.

"The front rise is a little different. "

A little is right. One has a crank on the right side of the front standard sticking on the front. The other has a knob on the bottom left of the back of the front standard.

Just a litttle different.

" The Tech IV probably has a block with two holes for a cable release anchor on the bed that doesn't exist on the Master."

Not exactly. Early Master Techniks cameras also had the block with the holes in it.

Other differences in the latest Master manual vs the IV include the placement of the knobs to control back movements as well as the specs as to the amount of movements.

No big deal, I just thought that if someone had a manual, a little time, a scanner and the ability to create a PDF file they could send me a copy.

It's more for historical interest than anything else. I always like to have the paper work/manuals for anything old I purchase. I certainly don't need the manual to figure out how to work the camera.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com