Thread: konica Hexanon GR 210mm f 10 barrel lens

konica Hexanon GR 210mm f 10 barrel lens

On a recent trip to Sweden, I picked up a Konica Repro lens from a S/H shop. This seems to be a different lens from the Hexanon AR-II sometimes mentioned on this site, and I have been unable to find info on my lens. So, before I do the work fitting it for a sinar shutter, I would like to know if anybody out there know anything about this lens: It is a Konica Hexanon AR 210mm f 10, not AR-II and not f 9 (seems most hexanon-repros are AR-II's with max- aperture f9). It seems to have a very wide field of view, and I belive it may be the equivalent to the Schneider G-Claron W series (270mm f 11 ) or the apo-gerogon W 240 f 11 by Rodenstock. If so, It might be a good choice as a wide angle lens on a 8x10 camera. Any info on image-circle and image quality on infinity appreciated. I have not dismanteled it yet, but do anyone know if these lenses fit directly in copal-size shutters (if so, I could use any of my spare DB mounts)?. At max-aperture f10, aperture is not completely open, so may be aperture is technically restricted for max- covering (?)

Thanks!

Hi Tor

My Hexanon GR II 210mm f9 ist at Sinar for putting on a Sinar Board but without DBM mount because I also have the 260mm GRII and the have the same mounting ring size so I can use both lenses on one board. The 210mm should cover 8x10 but if you wait some days till I get it back from Sinar then I can exatly tell how the covering power is.

Hi Tor

I just got the GRII back from Sinar and it is now on a board. So the lens lucks for me as a keeper. Even full open at f9 I can shift 1,5 cm without vignetting but I will report later on when I really tested it also with some film.
    If the f10 is the wide field version like it is at nikon then you should get much more covering power then with my f9 210mm.

Hi Tor

I can the full direct shift capability use of my Sinar P and the bag bellows and it does not vignetting. So thad means front 2,2 cm up and the back 8mm down and it does not vignetting at f9 full open so it must have quite I bit of govering power! 3cm is not to bad at all and maybe there is still more to get out of it clsoed down!