Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cambo Revolving Back on Pacemaker Speed Graphic

Re: Cambo Revolving Back on Pacemaker Speed Graphic

If you don't need to rotate the back, there's cheaper/lighter non-rotating Cambo backs you could use. I have a couple spare ones I could part with.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    If you don't need to rotate the back, there's cheaper/lighter non-rotating Cambo backs you could use. I have a couple spare ones I could part with.
    Thank you, but I have tried some Cambo-Backs. The Problem is usually, that the groundglass does not match the plane of the film.
    So at the moment it is the easiest and cheapest solution for me, to use the cambo-back that I have got.

They all have the same register.

My understanding is that you want to be able to use the reflex hood.

If that is the case you should contact David Burnett. He uses a Speed Graphic with the Cambo reflex hood. Ask him how he did it

http://blog.photoshelter.com/2010/07...david-burnett/

Here is his contact info: http://www.davidburnett.com/content.html?page=9

Quote Originally Posted by Darkroom317 View Post
    My understanding is that you want to be able to use the reflex hood.

If that is the case you should contact David Burnett. He uses a Speed Graphic with the Cambo reflex hood. Ask him how he did it

http://blog.photoshelter.com/2010/07...david-burnett/

Here is his contact info: http://www.davidburnett.com/content.html?page=9
    You are right. Thats what I want to.
    I had contact with David on Facebook, he recommended me the Cambo T-20.

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    Meridian is another choice for a field camera with movements, and rotating back. No focal plane shutter though.
    Find a Graflex Super Speed. Built for what you want to do. Square bellows at the body. Correct thickness at back. More movements up front, plus some movement mods easily made on the front standards. Rangefinder if working will be correct for the camera presuming correct cams for lenses.

The Super is slightly heavier, but it Already IS THE CAMERA YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE. Keep your crown stock for the purists.

There are two pages on Steven Gandy's CameraQuest site that cover the mods you can make on the Super Graphic. Trust me, it's the camera you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuzano View Post
    Find a Graflex Super Speed. Built for what you want to do. Square bellows at the body. Correct thickness at back. More movements up front, plus some movement mods easily made on the front standards. Rangefinder if working will be correct for the camera presuming correct cams for lenses.

The Super is slightly heavier, but it Already IS THE CAMERA YOU ARE TRYING TO MAKE. Keep your crown stock for the purists.

There are two pages on Steven Gandy's CameraQuest site that cover the mods you can make on the Super Graphic. Trust me, it's the camera you want.
    It sure isn't because what I need is the Focal Plane Shutter for the Aero Ektar.

I am not sure about this, but I believe people have adapted the Polaroid MP3/4 copy camera's reflex finder to be used on stock Speed Graphic cameras.

BTW, I have a Cambo monorail camera and one of their reflex finders. It works well for horizontal compositions BUT is awkward for verticals because it is a mirror, not a prism therefore the images are reversed so left is right and right is left. For my portrait work, this proved to be more difficult to use rather than just the ground glass by itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantaTerry View Post
    I am not sure about this, but I believe people have adapted the Polaroid MP3/4 copy camera's reflex finder to be used on stock Speed Graphic cameras.

BTW, I have a Cambo monorail camera and one of their reflex finders. It works well for horizontal compositions BUT is awkward for verticals because it is a mirror, not a prism therefore the images are reversed so left is right and right is left. For my portrait work, this proved to be more difficult to use rather than just the ground glass by itself.
    I had the Polaroid MP4 Viewer before. I didn't like it.
    Reversed images are not a problem. I am used to it, because thats the way my RZ67 is working.

Quote Originally Posted by shoshin View Post
    I had the Polaroid MP4 Viewer before. I didn't like it.
    Reversed images are not a problem. I am used to it, because thats the way my RZ67 is working.
    Actually, it is worse. I have an RB-67 so am used to reversed images too. The thing about our Mamiya cameras is that you are working from the top - you rotate the back for horizonals or verticals.

As an experiment, try this: turn your RZ67 on it's side then try to focus and compose. That's something like what you will be working with when you have a reflex finder on your Graphic and it is turned vertically for a photo.