Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cambo Revolving Back on Pacemaker Speed Graphic

Cambo Revolving Back on Pacemaker Speed Graphic

Hi folks,

I would like to replace the original Graflok-Back on my Pacemaker Speed Graphic with a Cambo Revolving back.
    Has anyone here already done this?

At the moment I am not able to remove the old back although I removed 7 screws. Maybe it is glued to the body?

I would appreciate any kind of help :-)
    Thanks in advance
    Shoshin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1929.jpg  

Re: Cambo Revolving Back on Pacemaker Speed Graphic

It's not glued, just pry it a little bit. Be aware the rangefinder will not be calibrated after this, since the Cambo back is thicker.

and; why ruin a good Speed??

Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV View Post
    What about the Cambo?

Why not just find a Linhof Technika IV, V or Master or a Wista RF and then you would have a revolving back on a RF camera along with more front movements plus back movements and then sell your Speed and Cambo?

don't do it! the revolving won't work because the opening is not a square but a "landscape orientation" rectangle. If you revolve the back, you will get a 4" x 4" square image!

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon View Post
    What about the Cambo?

Why not just find a Linhof Technika IV, V or Master or a Wista RF and then you would have a revolving back on a RF camera along with more front movements plus back movements and then sell your Speed and Cambo?
    My guess would be the obvious thing that all the above are missing, a focal plain shutter for when using a fast 7" barrel lens and shooting it wide open.

To the OP- If you really want to do yourself a favor just stick with the Graflex Graflok back.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    My guess would be the obvious thing that all the above are missing, a focal plain shutter for when using a fast 7" barrel lens and shooting it wide open.

To the OP- If you really want to do yourself a favor just stick with the Graflex Graflok back.
    Or, if he was really lucky, find one of the old Linhof focal plane shutter attachments.

Meridian is another choice for a field camera with movements, and rotating back. No focal plane shutter though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lou Baleur View Post
    don't do it! the revolving won't work because the opening is not a square but a "landscape orientation" rectangle. If you revolve the back, you will get a 4" x 4" square image!
    Well but thats not a problem for me. The main reason is that I want to use the Cambo T-20 Viewer. I do not have to rotate the back.

Quote Originally Posted by RichSBV View Post
    Why do you think I am ruining the Speed Graphic?

Quote Originally Posted by EdSawyer View Post
    It's not glued, just pry it a little bit. Be aware the rangefinder will not be calibrated after this, since the Cambo back is thicker.
    Thank you! I do not need the Rangefinder :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post

Exactly. But the Cambo-Back is still a Graflok-Back. So I do not loose anything. And I can always go back. it's just 7 screws.

Interesting. A Cambo back is essentially a modified Cambo lens board, attaches to the standard's function carrier exactly as a lens board does. Do you intend to drill and countersink holes in y'r Cambo back?