Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37

Thread: Processing 11x14 Film

  1. #21

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Wow. Thanks. I have a couple projects in the works. Was it difficult making a light trap for the lids?

    Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Posts
    980

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    I use a Jobo 2500/2800 drum. I have a processor but I have used a roller as well. I have 3 different Jobo light traps/funnels. The print cup, the funnel that connects to a center column, and a "blocked" funnel like what comes on the Expert tanks. The cup works great.. If you have enough column you can use the funnel with the column in place to block light.
    Probably the cheapest is to find a Beseler or Unicolor print drum. People give these things away. After processing in the tube, I remove the sheet from the tube. Next, in a tray, hypo clear (helps to remove the purple) then wash in 20 C running water in a tray.

  3. #23
    David Lobato David Lobato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Baltimore MD
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    I use Unicolor drums for 11x14 film. It avoids film scratches, and is much easier, if you fill the drum to the top with water, then remove the sheet of film.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    181

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    @Oren:

    Can you tell me how you do it? Two sheets in the 3062? I've had great success with a 2000 series Jobo setup doing 11x14 and 14x17 one sheet at a time but when doing 2 sheets of 11x14 in the 3062 the result isn't always the best - especially with Pyro developers that get all sorts of nasty lines from the ribs in the tank. Rodinal seems to be better for sure. I'm experimenting a bit with creating inserts that protect the film from the ribs.

    Best, Angus
    Hi Angus,
    My local art supply shop sells 1mm thick polypropylene sheets in A2 size. This is a flexible sheet that is easy to cut with scissors. I have used this as a sleeve in my 2XXX tanks for 11x14 film.
    Let me know how you go.

  5. #25
    Angus Parker angusparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    852

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Mkillmer View Post
    Hi Angus,
    My local art supply shop sells 1mm thick polypropylene sheets in A2 size. This is a flexible sheet that is easy to cut with scissors. I have used this as a sleeve in my 2XXX tanks for 11x14 film.
    Let me know how you go.
    Thanks for the tip. Sort of the direction I'm trying - of course it works better/easier when you only have one sheet. For the two sheet variant for the Jobo 3063 tank - I'm experimenting with non-stick polypropylene and giant snaps to hold the film in place and not shift around. So far my prototypes haven't struck gold yet! When I do I'll share my ideas with the forum.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,534

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    I use Jobo 2840 tank. One sheet per tank. Rodinal semi-stand.

  7. #27
    Japan Exposures
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    676

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    For the two sheet variant for the Jobo 3063 tank - I'm experimenting with non-stick polypropylene and giant snaps to hold the film in place and not shift around. So far my prototypes haven't struck gold yet! When I do I'll share my ideas with the forum.
    Why not use the Job clips? They clip on the ribs (the bigger ones) and nicely hold things in place.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95522sixNEW.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	161281

    Catlabs have them, but pricey and I am sure you can find elsewhere or similar.
    Last edited by Dirk Rösler; 16-Feb-2017 at 01:10. Reason: Catlabs link

  8. #28
    Jon Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    648

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Jobo did make a plastic sheet with rivot buttons to hold the 11x14 film in place in their 3062 and 3063 drums (think these are the right numbers) I found one years ago and it works well. There was a thread on APUG on the steps to make one of these sleeves.

  9. #29
    Angus Parker angusparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    852

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Rösler View Post
    Why not use the Job clips? They clip on the ribs (the bigger ones) and nicely hold things in place.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	95522sixNEW.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	161281

    Catlabs have them, but pricey and I am sure you can find elsewhere or similar.
    I have tons of those. I thought they were only for paper. Should give them a look see.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  10. #30
    Angus Parker angusparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    852

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Wilson View Post
    Jobo did make a plastic sheet with rivot buttons to hold the 11x14 film in place in their 3062 and 3063 drums (think these are the right numbers) I found one years ago and it works well. There was a thread on APUG on the steps to make one of these sleeves.
    I'll try and find the APUG thread. Thanks


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Similar Threads

  1. 11x14 E6 processing
    By photodoc in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8-Apr-2010, 18:30

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •