Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Processing 11x14 Film

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madisonville, LA
    Posts
    2,125

    Processing 11x14 Film

    Other than Tray processing, how do most of you process 11x14 film? I process sheet film from 4x5 o 8x10 in 1 gal stainless tanks, but don't have tanks or hangers for 11x14. Suggestions appreciated. Thanks, Luis

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    803

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    I use a 11x14 print drum and a Unicolor roller to develop one sheet of 11x14 film.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    1,367

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    some jobo tank (it came w/o the big long tube in the middle - and I wrecked about 4 sheets before I figured out - THERE IS A HOLE where light can enter the tank... and put a rubber stopper in it) and a Beseler motor roller base

  4. #4

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by DrTang View Post
    some jobo tank (it came w/o the big long tube in the middle - and I wrecked about 4 sheets before I figured out - THERE IS A HOLE where light can enter the tank... and put a rubber stopper in it) and a Beseler motor roller base
    The lids on Jobo tanks/drums come with either a light trap when used with center column (big long tube) or a cup when used as a print drum. If you wish to use a drum for sheet film it is best to use a lid with a cup, the light trap and cup are interchangeable as they just twist off.

  5. #5
    bob carnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario,
    Posts
    4,567

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    I use a jobo tank for this.

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,479

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Jobo 3062/3063. Yes, unfortunately they've become very expensive.

  7. #7
    Eric Woodbury
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    1,405

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    I know nothing of 11x14, but looks as though could make a BTZS-type tube from 4" ABS materials. Pretty cheap, except those end caps. Or just use an open tube and roll them in a tray of developer (in the dark). I'm using these for 4x5, 5x7, and soon 8x10. Best. --EW--

  8. #8
    Angus Parker angusparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    862

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    @Oren:

    Can you tell me how you do it? Two sheets in the 3062? I've had great success with a 2000 series Jobo setup doing 11x14 and 14x17 one sheet at a time but when doing 2 sheets of 11x14 in the 3062 the result isn't always the best - especially with Pyro developers that get all sorts of nasty lines from the ribs in the tank. Rodinal seems to be better for sure. I'm experimenting a bit with creating inserts that protect the film from the ribs.

    Best, Angus
    Quote Originally Posted by Oren Grad View Post
    Jobo 3062/3063. Yes, unfortunately they've become very expensive.

  9. #9
    Angus Parker angusparker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    San Francisco, USA
    Posts
    862

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Dake View Post
    The lids on Jobo tanks/drums come with either a light trap when used with center column (big long tube) or a cup when used as a print drum. If you wish to use a drum for sheet film it is best to use a lid with a cup, the light trap and cup are interchangeable as they just twist off.
    Relatively easy to find the cup versus hole attachments and easy to swap out if I remember.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    7,479

    Re: Processing 11x14 Film

    Quote Originally Posted by angusparker View Post
    Can you tell me how you do it? Two sheets in the 3062? I've had great success with a 2000 series Jobo setup doing 11x14 and 14x17 one sheet at a time but when doing 2 sheets of 11x14 in the 3062 the result isn't always the best - especially with Pyro developers that get all sorts of nasty lines from the ribs in the tank. Rodinal seems to be better for sure. I'm experimenting a bit with creating inserts that protect the film from the ribs.
    Afraid I don't have a fix for you. But I'm glad you brought this up because it's a necessary clarification. I've used the 3062 and 3063 successfully only with standard developers like D-76 - I've never used a pyro developer. But others who have tried with pyro developers have reported the same sort of trouble that you've seen with marks from the ribs.

Similar Threads

  1. 11x14 E6 processing
    By photodoc in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 8-Apr-2010, 18:30

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •