Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "New" Durst L-138: Did one of us get this?

"New" Durst L-138: Did one of us get this?

So I placed a bid on this: (http://www.ebay.com/itm/152383512910) of 250.00, knowing that with 40 watchers I wouldn't have a ghost of a chance. But...with the final bid of 415.00? (Why, oh why, didn't I bid 450.00?) A basically brand new L-138? Oh - what I would give to set the clock back on this and bid just a bit higher!

So...did this go to anyone here?

Re: "New" Durst L-138: Did one of us get this?

John, I you look at it, it is a pretty old enlarger albeit with very low usage if you can believe the seller. It does not have the removable lens turret, etc. Still it's a fine enlarger and I hope someone on the forum purchased it! L

Dont worry. Final ebay auction results only give you an idea about the second highest bid.

Lars

Inexpensive clean enlargers are getting harder to find. Someone got a deal.

I have a Durst 138S that I bought from a local photo store about 10-12 years ago. It was their top commercial enlarger and came with an Aristo blue/green VC head. It was never used by me and has been stuck beneath a cover in my garage for all that time. I had 3 lenses that came with it but I'm darned if I can find them (but I haven't looked too hard). As usual, I have a box full of clean condensors and several neg carriers. I need to clean everything up and photograph the parts. Anyone interested? I live close to Denver.

I kept my SM-183 stored in my garage for some 10 years until I built my darkroom. Used it for a while and now it's back in storage since I bought my 810 DeVere! Only have room for one big enlarger in my small darkroom. Oh well, maybe one day I'll have room to set it up again. Great enlargers! It's neat that your has the Aristo blue/green head. Is the head 4x5 or 5x7? L

If you have the cold light head you probably don't need the heat absorbing glass which I need Or if anyone reading this knows where I can get that glass please give a whistle.

You can have a piece of heat absorbing glass cut, or is it the holder you need? L

The Durst 138 S is clearly the finest enlarger that I have ever used !!
    The "Heat Absorbing Glass" you speak of, those large slots are for various sized condensers to focus the light beam for a specific film format. Not sure what the used market is for those condensers if you can find them. My Durst 138 was purchased by a large University and I have the accounting of what was paid for each condenser of the 5 that I have, i.e. approx. $1300.00 each, that is over and above the basic $11 K + they paid for the basic enlarger itself !!
    I do have the cold light unit that slides into the bottom most slot to use the unit as a Cold Light functioning enlarger if someone is in need inquire via PM for pricing.

Real photographs are born wet !

www.PowerOfProcessTips.com

No, the Lacalo heat absorbing glass goes in a small holder and slides inside the compartment where the bulb goes. Here is a photo of it. Don't forget to ventilate the housing when using a bulb larger than 200 watts. I used the blower no matter the size of the bulb to extend the bulb life. This is not necessary with the Aristo D57 or the Durst Lacoli cold light heads. Condensers are pretty common on the auction site, the Lacalo heat absorbing glass holder is not. I bought mine on the Spain auction site! L

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1237.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	20.1 KB 
ID:	163814Durst Lacoli.pdf