Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Protective case for the 8x20 camera

Re: Protective case for the 8x20 camera

My new Gator case swallows my tiny 7X17, poor fit

It works well with my 11x14 Seneca View Camera, Improved, Variation 'ebonized'

11X14 cased by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Roberts View Post
    Hey Pound! I would appreciate it very much if you could provide an update to this project. Did you ever figure out how to make a canvas cover?

How did it work out, and are you still using this for your 8x20, or have you found some other case?
    Hi Michael
    the canvas cover project did not go far other than cutting out the canvas for it . I am still using this foam mat protective case and putting it on a hand pull trolley when moving around. Quick to remove, quick to put back on so I am pretty happy with it.

Pound, thanks for the update. I'm trying out a variation of your foam mat with my 12x20 but putting it in a 3oz ripstop nylon duffel that has hand and shoulder straps. Thanks, again, for your original post. Great idea and simple and inexpensive.

Quote Originally Posted by pound View Post
    Not sure should this be in this section but I thought how I made an protective case for my 8x20 camera.

My Korona 8×20 camera is heavy but it is still possible to hand carry it by the leather handle for short walking distance. Carrying it bare will expose it to scratches and knocks as it is easy to bump this big camera into walls and such.

So I went to buy a $5 foam camping mat, some Velcro straps with tape and went off to work on a DIY protective case. As seen in the video, I have the map trimmed to the required size including the corners and then add in the Velcro straps at the places where the different ends meet.

http://sgwetplate.com/2016/12/protec...e-8x20-camera/
    Just posting I made one of these camping foam cases, slightly modified for my needs so I could safely put my 8x20 Korona into the Granite Gear Traditional pack. The Granite Gear pack is perhaps absurdly wide but my god it actually fits.

Have my Korona 8x20 Panoramic View in a Gator mixer bag, including the two film holders and rear extension.