Thread: Jobo AutoLab ATL 1000 C41 temperature problem

Jobo AutoLab ATL 1000 C41 temperature problem

Hi folks,

I'm investigating the problem I have with films lacking shadow detail even with fresh chemistry. I found out my JOBO is initiating process when first solution (developer) reaches 35°C instead of 38°C.

I assume this maybe the culprit, but I have no idea how long is my processor behaving like this. I was checking the temperature of developer inside first bottle when I bought the machine, but this was many years ago and I don't remember having such large deviation.
    Temperature of the water bath was always quickly accelerating in my processor, reaching even 42°C and slightly decreasing during processing.
    It's safe to say there is just no way I have constant temperature inside the drum while processing takes place. It may reach 38°C by the end of 3'15'' cycle but I'm not entirely sure if this is a malfunction or normal behavior.

Would very much appreciate if there is someone who has done temperature check and can confirm it is normal ATL setting.

Would you perhaps suggest buying new bottle temp sensor?

Thank you again for your time folks.

All the best,

Vlad

Re: Jobo AutoLab ATL 1000 C41 temperature problem

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm investigating the problem I have with films lacking shadow detail even with fresh chemistry. I found out my JOBO is initiating process when first solution (developer) reaches 35°C instead of 38°C.

I assume this maybe the culprit, but I have no idea how long is my processor behaving like this. I was checking the temperature of developer inside first bottle when I bought the machine, but this was many years ago and I don't remember having such large deviation.
    Temperature of the water bath was always quickly accelerating in my processor, reaching even 42°C and slightly decreasing during processing.
    It's safe to say there is just no way I have constant temperature inside the drum while processing takes place. It may reach 38°C by the end of 3'15'' cycle but I'm not entirely sure if this is a malfunction or normal behavior.

Would very much appreciate if there is someone who has done temperature check and can confirm it is normal ATL setting.

Would you perhaps suggest buying new bottle temp sensor?

Thank you again for your time folks.

All the best,

Vlad
    Hey there, this is an old post, but did you figure out the solution? I have an ATL 1000 I’m trying to determine a temperature issue with as well

Re: Jobo AutoLab ATL 1000 C41 temperature problem

Quote Originally Posted by Mhankes View Post
    Hey there, this is an old post, but did you figure out the solution? I have an ATL 1000 I’m trying to determine a temperature issue with as well
    Hi there, Yes, the solution is to let the processor reach the desired temperature of 38 degrees while having the lid open and alarm beeping - It's a bit annoying but it works. Control your developer temperature with external meter, once it reaches 38 close the lid and let the processor do its job.