Thread: Mamiya RB or RZ-camera to 4x5-back adapter?

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

Mamiya RB or RZ-camera to 4x5-back adapter?

Have seen Mamiya RB to 4x5-adapter but i am more interested in a camera-adapter for RB or RZ.
    Background is using the RB67/70mm vaccum-back on 4x5 and easy focussing. Yes i have RZ-G-adapter already and heavy/limited Polaroid MP3 but not the mamyias yet.
    www.stereopan.org
    3DStereo-Aeropanorama-Jungfraujoch

Re: Mamiya RB or RZ-camera to 4x5-back adapter?

Are you trying to put the RZ lenses on a view camera or 4x5 sheet film behind the RZ? The body vignetting will be a limitation if you're trying the latter. Do the RZ lenses even project an image circle near big enough to fill 4x5?

Can you elaborate? Do you want to attach an RB back to a 4x5? It sounds like it. Or, are you adapting an RB camera body to the back? What lenses do you want to use with this project?

I would also help to know the intended purpose of this system.

I believe I have seen an adapter that adapts RB backs to a 4x5. An RZ back won't work because the film advance is on the camera and not on the film back.

As far as adapting an RB or RZ camera to the back of a 4x5 I really doubt an adapter would be made. The cameras weigh a ton and it would put a lot of stress on the 4x5 back and any adapter.

You can make your own. How diffficult depends on the LF camera. I tore apart an old Nikon lense and epoxied the mount to a metal Cambo lens board (which fits on the rear standard instead of the 4x5 back). It's very sturdy and solid, I'm sure that it would easily support a MF camera. It does limit the size of lens you can use because film plane/sensor sits further away from the lens than the original film plane. With my setup I can use a 90mm lens with no movements or a resssesed lens board with movements.
    You can't teach an old dog new tech's!

We had a thread about RB lenses on 4x5 camera. There Is an adapter sold for that purpose. EBay.
    Tin Can