Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38

Thread: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

  1. #31

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Hemel Hempstead, UK
    Posts
    543

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    DrTang - did you swap those images around? As posted, the right eye image is definitely on the right in all three cases (easy to see with the cine camera; it's facing the left eye straight on but the viewer's right side of it is visible in the right hand image).

    Um, you'd swap the images round if you use the 'crossed-eye' viewing technique, I guess; I use the 'uncross' until you end up with three adjacent images, one of which is the stereo result.

    Neil

  2. #32
    gchu1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    73

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    my new 6X17stereo system

    通过我的 NOH-AN00 上的 Tapatalk发言

  3. #33
    gchu1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    73

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    my new 6X17 stereo system

    通过我的 NOH-AN00 上的 Tapatalk发言

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    500

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    Oh, very nice!

    I hoped to use a Fuji FP-UL as a stereo camera but it can't focus far enough to be usable.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Newbury, Vermont
    Posts
    1,379

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    GChu - nice...but if you could create a front standard to allow for each lens to swing (axially) and shift (laterally), then you could adjust the interocular distance and aim points - which would allow you to alter (exaggerate/diminish) the 3-D perspective. Would be a lot more fun I would think!

  6. #36
    gchu1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    73

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    GChu - nice...but if you could create a front standard to allow for each lens to swing (axially) and shift (laterally), then you could adjust the interocular distance and aim points - which would allow you to alter (exaggerate/diminish) the 3-D perspective. Would be a lot more fun I would think!
    thanks for your suggestion. I may try in future. Now let me play with simple mode first.

    通过我的 NOH-AN00 上的 Tapatalk发言

  7. #37
    gchu1970's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    73

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Oh, very nice!

    I hoped to use a Fuji FP-UL as a stereo camera but it can't focus far enough to be usable.
    I played with the Wista Stereo camera I purchased from this forum years ago and used Fuji FP-C45. Very nice

    通过我的 NOH-AN00 上的 Tapatalk发言

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    500

    Re: How to Build a Stereo LF Camera

    Quote Originally Posted by gchu1970 View Post
    I played with the Wista Stereo camera I purchased from this forum years ago and used Fuji FP-C45. Very nice

    通过我的 NOH-AN00 上的 Tapatalk发言
    Oh, can you use that one for real stereo? I always thought it would be like the Fuji FP-UL only for portraits so it would have a limited range for focus. So, another to add to my list... Thanks for that info!
    Expert in non-working solutions.

Similar Threads

  1. Stereo pinhole camera?
    By barnacle in forum LF DIY (Do It Yourself)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 22-Apr-2016, 11:12
  2. Dallmeyer stereo wet plate camera
    By Craig Tuffin in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17-Feb-2013, 10:31
  3. Fuji FP-UL - Stereo Camera
    By Ash in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 6-Nov-2012, 16:15

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •